• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Mesa done?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think if you look at JO's background you will be surprised. Mesa was profitable 26 out of 27 quarters and I think that this bankruptcy was a way for him to take the company private with the 700/900 fleet intact. He isn't a "pilot-friendly" CEO, but as far as personal and business success...You cannot say that the man isn't successful...

Just because he may have some personal and/or business success does not make him a successful CEO. VERY few people that I've met and have ever worked with/for him have any respect for him as a CEO.

Hey, I am with you...I didn't say he was either a "nice guy" or an ethical businessman in the eyes of his employees...I was j/s with a Mesa 900 crew a couple of months ago, and the urban legend that he once said, "If I have applications on my desk than I am paying those SOB's too d***ned much". The days of "airplane" or "aviation" people running airlines is long gone replaced by the likes of Ichan, Lorenzo, Carty and Wolfe to name a few that have given their respective airline a bankruptcy and left with a pile of money in their pockets...

Mesa has a significant vested interest in the recently announced IPO of Spirit Airlines. If the IPO nets the projections Mesa has made, they will had make some much needed cash to pay creditors with.

Even with payoffs, the creditors will still own Mesa and if the ones that control the board recoup there $, the may not have any resaon to keep an interest in Mesa and could have some elbow room to make some significant moves. Of course this is all speculation, at this point.

Latest resources

Back