• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is it True?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The few guys from the regional side have told me they are seeing a huge increase in IOE times with the new hires. I am asking such a broad question to see if it is just their regionals or if this is all regionals.

Bailey

I think it is that way at most of the crappier regionals. I ran across a guy here who was approaching 60 cycles on SOE.

I've heard of many new guys going 12 or more sim sessions, with the highest being over 20.

I think it is that way at most of the crappier regionals. I ran across a guy here who was approaching 60 cycles on SOE.

I've heard of many new guys going 12 or more sim sessions, with the highest being over 20.

At what point are they cutting them off and sending them home?

Colgan IOE does not really have a definate "stop date"

Usually the IOE student is transferred from the IOE Capt to the Line Capt at about 25 hrs. The Line Capt completes the IOE process which can take up to 6 months.

www.alpa.org/colgan

Oh how times have changed. When I started many moons ago if you busted anything you were given a second chance then sent home. Take more then 30 hours in IOE and you were sent home. Maybe Kit was correct and the tough times are here.

Bailey

I'm surprised they can find anyone that will stick around for that long! My gosh, what with the crappy pay and everything I'm surprised everyone just hasn't packed it in and gone to law school or something. Doesn't anyone get it? No retirement, whimpy unions caving to management that takes their golden parachutes home when things get bad...

Conspiracy Theory

I think these FOs at ASA are smarter than we all give them credit for. Take up to 100 hours for IOE (2 months), then after that, have scheduling build you a line for the next 2 months while you work on your first 100 hours. Then by the time this is over, you have about 4 months seniority of line flying, and you'll be a line holder by the time you bid with the rest of the pilots....thus, you've never been on reserve.

I'm surprised they can find anyone that will stick around for that long! My gosh, what with the crappy pay and everything I'm surprised everyone just hasn't packed it in and gone to law school or something. Doesn't anyone get it? No retirement, whimpy unions caving to management that takes their golden parachutes home when things get bad...

You know, I am starting to wonder. I think the corner is about to be turned though. Once they can't find people to fly the planes won't they have to make it more attractive to work there?

Latest resources

Back