Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailey3083

I'm Not Hiding
I have heard that new hire FO's are taking close to 100 hours in IOE and struggling to make it thru training. Any truth?

Bailey

I have heard that new hire FO's are taking close to 100 hours in IOE and struggling to make it thru training. Any truth?

If you could be just slightly more specific -- maybe tell us what company you're talking about, for starters -- you might get better info. "Regionals" is a little broad. :rolleyes:

At PDT we have an AQP program so we do cycles instead of hours. Anyway, you are required to complete at least 40 cycles, but I hear that a lot of guys are now going up to 80 cycles.

When I was hired most of the guys in my class finished in about 50 or less. I'm sure they would have fired us if we needed 80.

At PDT we have an AQP program so we do cycles instead of hours. Anyway, you are required to complete at least 40 cycles, but I hear that a lot of guys are now going up to 80 cycles.

When I was hired most of the guys in my class finished in about 50 or less. I'm sure they would have fired us if we needed 80.

It's 40 cycles now? jeeez... It was 25 or out when I got hired.

I can't speak for what is 'average' at ExpressJet, but my experience as a new FO in 2004 was about 30 hours...a 4 day and 2 days of the next 4 day. As a CA, it was just 2 trips back to back, each a one day trip. 12.5 hours total. Again, I don't know if that is the average right now.

Tim

Last edited:
If you could be just slightly more specific -- maybe tell us what company you're talking about, for starters -- you might get better info. "Regionals" is a little broad. :rolleyes:

The few guys from the regional side have told me they are seeing a huge increase in IOE times with the new hires. I am asking such a broad question to see if it is just their regionals or if this is all regionals.

Bailey

Latest resources

Back