Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is it time for another "how's Lynx doing?" thread?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Q400 is more "regional" than an RJ by definition.
Until you see it run DEN-MIA the Q400 is a "regional" aircraft.

I hope you are enjoying being angry for another pilot group over some "lowly" "outdated" turboprops.

66 pax ATR's were flying at American Eagle and ASA LONG before the first RJ arrived. With little to no complaint from the mainline pilot groups.

So were Bae 146's at Air Whisky, and WestAir...

This is a little off subject from the direction that this thread has taken, but it has been said over and again that there is not a flowthrough, however, I'd like to know if there is a flowback?

Or does "no flowthrough" imply such?

1) Regarding flow-throughs, flow-backs and flow arounds.

There are two separate lists. Two separate companies. Two separate certificates. I think everyone can see the mountain of issues here.

2) Horizon feed is expensive, comparably. The Q is the perfect airplane for many of the routes not currently serviced by F9. ASE, JAC, and EGE come to mind immediately. The -170 can't go to many of these places. Ski destinations are premium tickets that F9 is essentially leaving on the table.

3) Separate certificates do create economic opportunities. Separate certificates also insulate the other from liabilities.

4) Certification is around the corner.

If I was a F9 pilot (and I'm not) my worries would be growing mainline and concurrently eliminating Republic.

10 Dash 8s wouldn't even register on my radar.

Heard the Feds won't certify it because it doesn't have O2 masks and the MEA's are over 14k.

Gup

Heard the Feds won't certify it because it doesn't have O2 masks and the MEA's are over 14k.

Gup

Let's not let facts get in the way here. I heard that it's because the Feds are incompetent and they have it in for Frontier.

Gup

They got around that issue months ago.

Can you imagine the nightmare of trying to have 74 and 132 seat aircraft on the same certificate. The pay, work rules, and advancement opportunities that exist for most 74 seaters are entirely different than that expected for 132 seaters.

Look at all the problems Airways is having even with a 98 seater..

the list of conflicts is long and complicated..

This is ridiculous. Up until a couple of years ago, Northwest pilots were flying 78-seat airplanes on their certificate with no such problems. You've bought into the management kool-aid.

Latest resources

Back