Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is it causing a decline in Delta ticket sales?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
I think they are trying to work that out. Some of that ASA money may go to them, and some cash on hand. Also, I like that you have my joke as your quote at the bottom. Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey General, you seem to be getting more tempermental by the post. Part of getting a grip on "your" life is realizing that you really, in spite of your best efforts have little control over the product Delta delivers. That is a sad fact of life. Your no different that all the others out there and I whish there was an answer for it but by the time you have boarded the airplane, most if not all the damge has been done already. Short of some unbelieveable airmanship, your not likely to change the experience. The guy who is flying the Lear 60 can make all the difference in the world to his principal. If you need to have someone explain the difference between corporate and airline travel you are, (I am trying to think of some words here that don't really offend you),but...but... but your just so f*^#ing dumb that you cannot see the problem even in the mirror. The problem at Delta is jerks like you!

What is YOUR problem? He seems to be trying to keep a good attitude through out the current and past situation that Delta is in. I am sure your attitude and outlook is SO rosy as to be able to slam others in different situations. Unfortunately this forum has to let 'people' like yourself post. Sigh, too bad. As far a as the 'fcking jerk' quote, it seems to be a fitting self description of yourself.

Spooky 1 said:
Hey General, you seem to be getting more tempermental by the post. Part of getting a grip on "your" life is realizing that you really, in spite of your best efforts have little control over the product Delta delivers. That is a sad fact of life. Your no different that all the others out there and I whish there was an answer for it but by the time you have boarded the airplane, most if not all the damge has been done already. Short of some unbelieveable airmanship, your not likely to change the experience. The guy who is flying the Lear 60 can make all the difference in the world to his principal. If you need to have someone explain the difference between corporate and airline travel you are, (I am trying to think of some words here that don't really offend you),but...but... but your just so f*^#ing dumb that you cannot see the problem even in the mirror. The problem at Delta is jerks like you!

Thanks Spooky. I like to debate (I have over 5140 posts), and I tell it like I see it. If that makes me a jerk, then so be it. I have come to the conclusion as of late that we may go into Chap 11, and I have said so on this forum. I know there is not much I can do about it, but I can use articles and other information to debate what is going on. As far as what is going on behind closed doors, that I cannot control, and I KNOW IT.

As far as the "Delta experience"---A lot has been done to try to better it--like Song. You have never flown on it I assume, but if you had, you would be extolling it. Even CMRFLYR just praised it, and he seems to hate mainline. Song was taken from mainline and made better, and hopefully that will continue. As far as the rest of the experience, you sometimes get what you pay for. The gate agents are either really old and bitter, or very new and don't know how to control a situation. That needs to change. Most of the mainline stews are old and bitter, and we have furloughed the best ones--the younger ones---that loved flying for an airline. The FAA needs to create a physical test to weed out the old bitter ones. Maybe lift an exit door by yourself and put it on a chair. Grandma aint going to be able to do that----and that is for safety reasons.

Corporate versus Airline travel--I am sure Corporate is better, as a passenger. But, most companies cannot afford to put middle managers in highly priced corporate jets. So, we have first class with Simplifares for walk ups. The First Class experience is not what it used to be (because a shortage of $$$), but it is better than coach, and sometimes you may actually get a warm meal! (Not us up front, I can't get a coke---and the stews devour everything that is left anyway) That is what is left of the glamorous First Class life-----better than coach and not as expensive as it used to be.

So, I am soo dumb, eh? You responded to my rants------you need to look in the mirror chief. And yes---we must all be jerks----unlike you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Thanks Spooky. I like to debate (I have over 5140 posts), and I tell it like I see it. If that makes me a jerk, then so be it. I have come to the conclusion as of late that we may go into Chap 11, and I have said so on this forum. I know there is not much I can do about it, but I can use articles and other information to debate what is going on. As far as what is going on behind closed doors, that I cannot control, and I KNOW IT.

As far as the "Delta experience"---A lot has been done to try to better it--like Song. You have never flown on it I assume, but if you had, you would be extolling it. Even CMRFLYR just praised it, and he seems to hate mainline. Song was taken from mainline and made better, and hopefully that will continue. As far as the rest of the experience, you sometimes get what you pay for. The gate agents are either really old and bitter, or very new and don't know how to control a situation. That needs to change. Most of the mainline stews are old and bitter, and we have furloughed the best ones--the younger ones---that loved flying for an airline. The FAA needs to create a physical test to weed out the old bitter ones. Maybe lift an exit door by yourself and put it on a chair. Grandma aint going to be able to do that----and that is for safety reasons.

Corporate versus Airline travel--I am sure Corporate is better, as a passenger. But, most companies cannot afford to put middle managers in highly priced corporate jets. So, we have first class with Simplifares for walk ups. The First Class experience is not what it used to be (because a shortage of $$$), but it is better than coach, and sometimes you may actually get a warm meal! (Not us up front, I can't get a coke---and the stews devour everything that is left anyway) That is what is left of the glamorous First Class life-----better than coach and not as expensive as it used to be.

So, I am soo dumb, eh? You responded to my rants------you need to look in the mirror chief. And yes---we must all be jerks----unlike you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I did fly Song last month for the first time. JFK-SEA. There was nothing special about the flight attendants and as a matter of fact the stews on yesterdays Delta flight were better looking and did a better service than what I saw on Song. All the time I was on Song I felt like I was in some childrens play school. The colors inside and out are obscene they make we want to puke and if I were you I would hide behind that door after every landing just so I would not have be a "part' of this ruse on the traveling public. PS Seating in the mainline B757 is criminal. They should take JG and make the ash**le sit in the back of this airplane for 12 hours just so he can vizualize what his lowlife airline has become. General, get over it, Delta will never rise from the ashes. It is a sorry ecuse for an airline that those who came before you do not recognize today. You know, its not all about money, but rather just whether or not one would recognize quality if it hit them righy between the eyes. You obviously don't as you keep making excuses for an inferior product that even the most unsophisticated traveler knows better than to accept. General, the lights are growing dimmer and dimmer by the week. BK will not save Delta from the crap that it is foisting on the traveling public. The only comfort you have is that there is alot of company in your corner so maybe, just maybe you will, no no what am I thinking, its over, turn out the lights.

Spooky 1 said:
I did fly Song last month for the first time. JFK-SEA. There was nothing special about the flight attendants and as a matter of fact the stews on yesterdays Delta flight were better looking and did a better service than what I saw on Song. All the time I was on Song I felt like I was in some childrens play school. The colors inside and out are obscene they make we want to puke and if I were you I would hide behind that door after every landing just so I would not have be a "part' of this ruse on the traveling public. PS Seating in the mainline B757 is criminal. They should take JG and make the ash**le sit in the back of this airplane for 12 hours just so he can vizualize what his lowlife airline has become. General, get over it, Delta will never rise from the ashes. It is a sorry ecuse for an airline that those who came before you do not recognize today. You know, its not all about money, but rather just whether or not one would recognize quality if it hit them righy between the eyes. You obviously don't as you keep making excuses for an inferior product that even the most unsophisticated traveler knows better than to accept. General, the lights are growing dimmer and dimmer by the week. BK will not save Delta from the crap that it is foisting on the traveling public. The only comfort you have is that there is alot of company in your corner so maybe, just maybe you will, no no what am I thinking, its over, turn out the lights.

Wow, that was wonderful. Academy Award for writing. Wow. Kleenex please. Thanks for flying Song, and you sound like you need to be in a play pen. What a goof. I can't really respond to your krap. Yeah, DL is throwing acid all over the millions of passengers who seem to fly on us. That is terrible. Run for your lives! Dumba$$.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
....and I hope you get many $100 bills stuffed in your pants...

That's a good idea. With just $1 per passenger and 7 legs a day I would be rolling in the dough.

I don't know about "stuffed in the pants" though. I don't have to do a table dance for that, do I??

:DWow...someone get Spooky a valium before he has a heart attack! Hope you don't have an EKG anytime soon, you will fail miserably!

Then Stop!

Spooky, it is time for you to stop flying on Delta, period!. And, don't let the door hit you in the A$$. Tool!

ATR-DRIVR said:
What is YOUR problem? He seems to be trying to keep a good attitude through out the current and past situation that Delta is in. I am sure your attitude and outlook is SO rosy as to be able to slam others in different situations. Unfortunately this forum has to let 'people' like yourself post. Sigh, too bad. As far a as the 'fcking jerk' quote, it seems to be a fitting self description of yourself.

who are you talking to??

Tim47SIP said:
Spooky, it is time for you to stop flying on Delta, period!. And, don't let the door hit you in the A$$. Tool!

Hey Timmy, I'll take your advice and although I don't have complete control over my airline selection, it is none the less is excess of $100,000 per year. I will try to avoid your airline when able, especially Song. How can you defend such a poor excuse of an airline? You almost have to sneak up on the airplane it's so ughly. You know it is really hard to make a B757 look like crap, but somehow Delta has managed to this. That's not your fault, it's the guys who are in marketing so don't take it so personal. Hope you guys make it through this period but if you are willing to accept that standard as acceptable, your in big trouble. I have to assume that you are a Delta pilot? Well these guys who are making all the decisions regarding how they market their product are killing your airline. Don't blame someone who knows crap when he see it. It's a joke! Come on tell us how many different jokes are running around Delta regarding Song. I have heard almost a dozen or more.

Latest resources

Back