• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Frontier Still Hiring Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just as curiosity; Is it normal that a pilot has to have a secong gig on the side to survive??
and we talking about Aibus pilot.What a shame.
thank your useless ALPA (which I supported for years) for that.

Last edited:
Just as curiosity; Is it normal that a pilot has to have a secong gig on the side to survive??
and we talking about Aibus pilot.What a shame.
thank your useless ALPA (which I supported for years) for that.

? An earlier poster mentioned "another job" in the context of leaving F9, not preventing starvation. For that matter, it took the better part of a decade to get F9 wages up to the level of the ALPA standard barriers. We owe them.

I understand Cardinal,
but still c'mon man why I need to go and do something else to pay my bills.
I am happy I don' t have to pay anymore 120 bucks a month to ALPA. That's all

PS. I am enjoyng my 19 days off schedule

But you contract their services during contract time?! Shindler.........ALPA helped you tremendously during negotiations.

I understand Cardinal, but still c'mon man why I need to go and do something else to pay my bills.
I am happy I don' t have to pay anymore 120 bucks a month to ALPA. That's all

? I'm all for a return to pre-deregulation payscales. But to act like our contract codifies poverty is intellectually dishonest, and doesn't help our cause.

If we throw out the probationary year and compare your future as a 2nd year Cathay 747 FO with 2nd year Frontier A320 FO, we find the 747 pays a whopping 13% premium, while weighing nearly 5 times as much.

I still don't see how flying under Chairman Mao proves anything about ALPA. Ask the 49ers just how "worker friendly" China really is.

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, I just don't see your point or how it relates to this thread.

Cardinal you right this has nothing to do with this tread.

PS: the CX salary you see on line is the BASIC.
(new 1st year is 74k).
Trust me you don' t want to compare CX condition of service with US carriers. The Gap is pityful. except for the magical trio SWA FEX or UPS.

Hope things will be good for you guys.

now back to the margarita!!!!

Hi!

Is Cathay a good job, overall?

I just applied, and all I read about is how guys are quitting, and it's terrible.

cliff
YIP

No.

I'd only take a N. American-based freighter job, when what I really wanted was to move the family to Hong Kong.

Upon further review, Cathay is not looking so great. I'll just have to wait and see what happens with the other jobs I applied at, and try to get more info on Cathay.

I did just apply at AirTran. My first choice for the near term is NWA, but they haven't called yet.

cliff
YIP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back