Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

B747FR8DAWG

GIANT 747
Just spoke to a buddy of mine today, and he told me that Focus has gone from 4 aircraft to 1 aircraft, and has sent out furlough notices. Can anyone of you Focus pilots out there confirm this rumor.

Confirmed

Was not furlough notice, was termination. Only a few pilots left to finalize last flights with a contract. Cannot confirm if Focus will disapear.

Sure does. Sounds like poor management and wrong engines on the A/C...

Yeah, I heard that those RR powered planes they had were a maintenance nightmare, and now will be someone else's nightmare.

I wonder who will pick these up: Southern Air, Tradewinds, or Kalitta?????

Yeah, I heard that those RR powered planes they had were a maintenance nightmare, and now will be someone else's nightmare.

I wonder who will pick these up: Southern Air, Tradewinds, or Kalitta?????
No, Southern is getting the 2 GE birds, what's left of Focus is sticking with the RR's.

Sorry to see this happen at Focus, knew a few guys there. Hopefully they can retool, get a decent contract to build upon, and make a better go of it as time passes.

That really does suck. Sorry to hear it guys.

I hear that KA will be at a job fair in MIA this weekend. Probably AeroServices, but not sure.

BTW, Connie learned about Roller engines the hard way with the L-1011s back in the late 90's.
I think I can say, without fear of contradiction, that Kalitta would never consider RR powered airplanes at any price!

Not that they're bad engines, but they're expensive and don't seem to be well suited for cargo ops at this end of the business.

Last edited:
Saw one of the Focus birds on the long term ramp in Liege, Belgium, about a week ago.

Sorry to hear about what has happened. Had breakfast with the crew at the Holiday Inn Liege a few months back and everyone seems really optimistic. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back