Is Flight Options Changing their Name?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJL

Has anyone heard about Flight Options changing their name to Arriva? (or something that sounds like that)

I had a passenger last night who also flys with Flight Options. He told me that he learned about the name change last week. Is their name changing? Or is it the new name of one of those new charter jet membership programs? Forgive me if this is old news, but I haven't been reading the aviation magazines lately, so I don't know if I missed the announcement. I was also told that Flight Options is still hiring pilots. Any updates would be appreciated.

I heard that name also a while back. Not sure if they are changing the name or not. As far I know we are still hiring pilots.

A friend who flys a Hawker at Options told me that management is actively seeking suggestions for a new name.

I have my resume in with his recommendation, but I have no idea how many months, or years it might take them to call me.

It almost makes rip-and-read news on radio sound attractive.

what about . . .

what about the dispatch/owner services department? have all the qualifications and have been applying now for a couple of months through the website, but havent even received a polite no spank you letter.

Flight Options is hiring 15 to 20 pilots per month.

Hiring owner services reps and dispatcher also. Not sure the numbers.

I understand they don't want to hear from the recommending employee until they call to confirm the recommendation. No calls, no visits, just wait patiently.

hmmm

too bad it wasnt like a saudi landing permit-could find an employee to recommend you for a fee. some enterprising individual might want to advertise his services-a flight options sponsor-for-hire

Once the app is in, it does no good to pester the HR guys. It does not make them move any faster on an app. In fact, it could stop all movement on an app.

Any suggestions on updating?

How often should you send in an update? Every 100 hours, every month, every other month? I've had my stuff in with Options for a year and a half and have recommendations from at two pilots and know several others there, all of whom I've actually flown with. No luck so far. FO is my first choice for my career. I wouldn't turn down CS or NJ of course, but FO is where I most want to be. Waiting sucks doesn't it?

Latest resources

Back