Is Continental ahead of itself?

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
http://www.cnbc.com/id/32287717

TradeKing analyst Brian Overby thinks the entire airline sector is suspect but he's particularly bearish on Continental [CAL 12.25 0.37 (+3.11%) ]. All the airlines are at the mercy of consumer spending which is tentative but "Continental still has a ton of debt," he says.

What's the bottom line?

I expect a pullback when investors realize the debt is coming due, says Overby.

Uncle Bunkle

Total Time
xxx
When the L.A. and MCO flying starts, the stock will go up.

densoo

Total Time
yes
http://www.cnbc.com/id/32287717

TradeKing analyst Brian Overby thinks the entire airline sector is suspect but he's particularly bearish on Continental [CAL 12.25 0.37 (+3.11%) ]. All the airlines are at the mercy of consumer spending which is tentative but "Continental still has a ton of debt," he says.

What's the bottom line?

I expect a pullback when investors realize the debt is coming due, says Overby.
I heard that of all the majors, they had zero fuel hedges in place. That, and that their fuel hedge managers locked in some expensive fuel last year that cost the company hundreds of millions when the price went down. To just give away that much money in this environment is pretty irresponsible. Now it's the pilots' fault and they're going to have to underfund the retirement, but wait, they're putting two to four hand-held electronic devices on each airplane that keep track of catering and concessions.

bizicmo

Total Time
+1000
When the L.A. and MCO flying starts, the stock will go up.

Isn't this LA and FL base like a 15 year old rumor? If the time line on rumors are forever, I would like to start the Moscow and Shanghai base rumors. You heard it hear first Moscow and Shanghai.

list2002

Total Time
And just wait till the uber SWA starts going south with their newly attained certificate.

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
4:30
An airline has a lot of debt. You heard it here first.

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
Total Time
Doing?
Isn't this LA and FL base like a 15 year old rumor? If the time line on rumors are forever, I would like to start the Moscow and Shanghai base rumors. You heard it hear first Moscow and Shanghai.
It's at least as old as the "UAL and CAL merger is a done deal" and "The next bid will be the Mother of All Bids" rumors.