Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is BBA working on a 150 seat C-Series???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blog...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

A Wall Street analyst believes Bombardier is working on a 150-seat version of its new CSeries jet that would compete directly with the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 narrowbodies.

While the Canadian aircraft builder has only announced 110- and 130-seat versions of the CSeries, JP Morgan’s Joseph B. Nadol speculates that the company could announce new orders this year for a 150-seat version. And with a new Geared Turbofan engine developed by Pratt & Whitney, the bigger CSeries “would have real potential to take share away from Boeing and Airbus,” Nadol said in a note to his clients this morning.

“While Bombardier has not publicly discussed a 150-seat variant, we believe one is in the works, and that is a key reason why Boeing and Airbus are taking a hard look at re-engining the A320 and 737,” he writes. A Bombardier spokesman, asked to comment on Nadol’s thoughts, said the 150-seat number was speculative but declined to rule out the possibility of a CSeries that was larger than 130 seats. “This design freeze doesn’t occur until later this year,” he notes.

Bombardier has won 50 orders for the 110- and 130- seat CSeries versions so far, 30 from Lufthansa and 20 from Lease Corporation International of Ireland.

If Bombardier was planning a 150 seat C-series to take away market share from Airbus and Boeing, I don't think hiding it would be good for sales. How can you win over new customers without a product? No one buys secret airplanes, and no one sells airplanes by only dealing with one or two customers in secret. So much for the wall street analysts...again.

Herb told me it was our most likely replacement for the 73 at this time. Boeing and Airbus too busy with the 787/A350.

Im sure the name of it will have "Regional" in it somewhere so companies can try to pay the crew sh#t!!

Im sure the name of it will have "Regional" in it somewhere so companies can try to pay the crew sh#t!!

Only if the majors give up scope... and if they do its their own fault. This is a 100-150 seat aircraft, and I have NO desire to fly it at a regional.

True...but the airplanes in your link only have 149 seats in a high density single class, ala Spirit. When I think of 150 seats its a dual class configuration.

Some CRJs have dual class configurations.

Some CRJs have dual class configurations.

True...but that's not what I'm saying at all. Most airlines put 150 seats in an Airbus 320, but it can hold 179. Do we consider an A320 a 179 seater? The think above said the C series can hold 150 seats, but thats not how it's intended to be used. They're intending for 130 seats.

Only if the majors give up scope... and if they do its their own fault. This is a 100-150 seat aircraft, and I have NO desire to fly it at a regional.

Giving up scope is like putting swinging doors on a whore house, you get all kinds of riff raff coming and going. Most regionals only get paid as to how many seats are installed and not what the max seating capacity could be, such as the 900.

Latest resources

Back