• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dime line--not sure what you fly--

lets see we are bigger than airtran...
bigger than jetblue.....

We fly to Mexico, Canada, from coast to coast in the USA....

ummhhh and now we are considered a major due to the revenue by the DOT....ummhhh

There are no regionals anymore DIP---either national or major...

BoilerUP said:
Do yourself a favor.

Quit starting threads asking about how "good" airlines are and do a SEARCH. There is plenty of information on this board about XJT, ASA, Comair, CHQ, Colgan, Commutair, Mesa, PSA, Trans States, Eagle, and every other regional airline that is hiring out there right now.

Your part of the problem you negative bastard! Post your own crap and dont worry about my thread!! Unless you actually want to help. I think taking people opinions into consideration is alot better than reading some fake BS on the web!

NO, I am not part of the problem. I do want to help, which is why I directed you to the search function. You say you value people's opinions and take them into consideration, but you don't do a search when there are MANY threads about ASA that have been posted on this board in the last 60 days.

Recent newhires say ASA is very professional and the training and equipment is top-notch. Veterans complain about the scheduling, contract and inept management. Some people are jaded, while others are looking through rose-colored lenses. It is YOUR responsibility to seperate the chafe from the wheat and figure out what the average opinion is.

The people I know at ASA work there because they are from ATL and have a good quality of life. They might not be the best paid, and they might not upgrade in 18 months, but they are very content with their situation. I've met a few people with the good fortune to move on from ASA to bigger things recently, and I have not heard many negative things about it, other than the slow upgrade time in recent years.

I honestly do wish you luck in your job search.

Ok! Thank you! Ive got multiple interviews lined up over the next couple of weeks and Im just sorting out everything from bases,aircraft,pay, upgrade, etc. I know not everyone is happy at ANY airline and that is why Im getting different opinions. Pinnacle is my first interview and Mesa 2nd. Everyone says Mesa sucks, but I want the potential of the PHX base where I live so I can have an OK QOL. May get east coast or DEN for a while but its ok if I know I might be able to come back to PHX. Thanks for your comments!! Pinnacle is ok too cause I have a pad in MEM and Ive been told MEM is an easy base to snag. Who knows!??? If I was single this would be so much easier!!!!!!! DAMN!

Out of those 3 I'd go to ASA first, just because it's a more mature company, then Pinnacle, and I wouldn't even go to MESA.

We have people from Mesa jumping ship to work for us (and I'm sure to work for other companies as well)

Does anyone know where I can find a route map for Pinnacle and ASA. I dont wants Deltas route map, just ASA. Thanks!

There should be a link on Delt's site for ASA. It's something like www.delta.asa.com. Just look around and you'll find it. I think there is a route map on there.

Having been at another airline for 5 years and now at ASA, I feel I can give a pretty good opinion based on my experience with training, without it being tainted by koolaid or with rose colored glasses.

Training was well organized and laid back. Not difficult as long as you put forth some effort. The contract is lacking, but you have to keep in mind that it is an old contract. Pay is still on par or above current industry pay rates. Work rules and scheduling needs to be reworked, and I think those issues will eventually be addressed. Travel benefits are the best in the industry. The people have been great as well.

No place is a utopia. Take every thing into account, what is important to you i.e. quality of life, where you want to live, time to upgrade, type of flying, etc., then make a decision. Just be informed so you aren't surpised by crappy domicile, pay, per diem or work rules, etc.

And after you have done all that, remember that it can all change overnight.

Good luck.

Palerider957 said:
In a nutshell: Our contract, management, scheduling--SUCK. Our equipment and training is excellent, the pilot group is first rate.

I wouldn't say that our contract sucks, it is actually pretty good overall. The problem is that management violates it all the time. I would agree with the other two though.

Latest resources

Back