Is ASA Any Good??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spinplate

Whats the scoop on getting SLC after training? And how is it there? Please only reply if you work for ASA!! Thanks!

Do yourself a favor.

Quit starting threads asking about how "good" airlines are and do a SEARCH. There is plenty of information on this board about XJT, ASA, Comair, CHQ, Colgan, Commutair, Mesa, PSA, Trans States, Eagle, and every other regional airline that is hiring out there right now.

Well, I only have an opinion as of now.....I was recently hired and offered the August 8th class.....but I would say that they are a great company so far! From the very beginning of sending in my resume, they were very promt and professional. And the interview was a great experience as well. Some of the factors that really appeal to me, is the fact that you get your full pay during training...there is no "training pay" at some reduced rate. They also give you a hotel room, which is single occupancy....you don't have to share with anyone. Plus, all of your benefits, including travel, start after 30 days. This was told to me by a captain in the training department, so that is the source of my information. Also, every pilot / crewmember I've talked to really seem to be happy for the most part. I'm excited to experience them firsthand, and I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the ASA crew.

Hired 03/05. Held a relief line (build up line) right off the bat = no reserve. I was just awarded SLC on the 700. I'll be on reserve out there, but I'll be sitting reserve at home and not at a crashpad.

The pilot group is great. The mgmt group just gets recycled from the same trash can every few months.

For all you ASA new hires....KNOW THY CONTRACT....lest the company violate it repeatedly.

Overall SLC is very senior, with a few junior people on the very bottom. If you go there, don't expect to upgrade for many, many years.

In a nutshell: Our contract, management, scheduling--SUCK. Our equipment and training is excellent, the pilot group is first rate.

Maint. has been slipping quite a bit lately, all for the almighty completion and on-time #'s.

ASA has tremendous potential, but our management is almost completely without talent, or courage. We are beholden to DAL, which is scary as they are more concerned with gay pride and diversity, then in saving the company.

Our future? Totally unknown.

RUN---upgrade takes 5-6 years

MANgmt. SUCKS,SCH SUCKS, the company does not know the FARs--like they say flight attendants are not crew members by def. of the FARs---that was a response by a manager from the airline..they think we are supplemental operations...they don't know what FAR they fit under..???? CRAZY

why they got back to the other guy so quickly is no one is applying..when you can go to Expressjet and up grade in a year to two and flying good euip. GO THERE...

Latest resources

Back