Is ANYONE Happy At The Regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Boondock Saint

Reading the threads in this area is so depressing. Yes I agree its mostly due to the industry and its seemingly downward spiral. Ive been watching regional news lately trying to gauge a direction I may want to go should the need arise to build more-different experience...and I cant help but get depressed.

The reality it seems is that no matter where I go I am going to get paid squat, live in a domicile that I dont want to, and most likely get treated like crap and worked to death.

Thats fine to an extent. Im all about paying my dues per say (within reason)...and I understand that I probably will never stop paying my dues...however...

Is ANYONE out there at a regional airline thats actually having a good time at their job and is still thankful to be doing what they are doing minus the hardships? It seems like everyone around here is always so pissed off...

I understand that the only reason to post around here it seems is to "vent" of sorts, but...

All the BS aside, are you relatively happy doing what you are doing?

I want to hear about it. Im curious as to what people say they enjoy about life as a regional pilot.

Only people who are upset complain.

The majority of those guys out there happy with their flying jobs won't but occasionally make their presence here known.

To answer your question: Yes, I genuinely enjoy my job, although I'd like to make about twice as much as I do. To that end I am attempting to advance my career, but as for right now, I enjoy the place I work and the people I work with.

The flying part is great, it's just all the other stuff we have to put up with to get to the flying part that's annoying.

I love it. Compared to a regular day job, this flying thing is awesome. Great people, great equipment, great company - plus you get leave your job at work and not bring it home. Most of the chronic complainers in this industry have, IMHO, never done anything else - ergo, they really don't know how good we have it. But as I've seen in someone else's signature, do it because you love it, not for the money.

Its fun to me because its never the same day out at the office. I am glad I am in the airlines. Mgmt sucks and pay could be better but thats life. I have many friends at real desk jobs that make more then me home every night and they hate their boring lives.
Lil behotches who think they are gods gift to the world will always whine about their QOL (god i am so sick of seeing that on here) and pay. I think you will see that at any job. It would be more depressing I think if they had a flightinfo for office space types.

Ok... thank you for posting this thread... It's a bit refreshing... I also started to get bored of reading always people complaining about their jobs. (I understand... some have good reasons to!)

thank god for a thread like this. I was going to die if i saw more negative things on how my future will be.

Well let's see, domicile closes, forced to commute (will not move without new contract), company wants status quo on 50 seat rates (negotiated in 98)so this means no true raise. Soon to lose travel benefits (reduced priority). Airplanes flying full but Delta can't seem to turn a profit (maybe raise fares?)Do I need to go on?
I only hope we go on strike and show management that we are serious and tired of seeing this business go down the toilet! And, I hope that management will see the light and give us the quality of life improvements we are looking for and then the smile may return to my face when I am at work.

ps- The Regionals are no longer a stepping stone (I wish they were).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back