• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is ALPA Embarrassed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who forced ALPA national to sign? Shouldn't ALPA national provide some semblance of leadership?
Aren't regional pilots adult professionals capable of making mature decisions about things affecting their future? The pilots wanted it and it did not violate any ALPA rules or policies. What right did ALPA National have to refuse to sign and disregard the will of the PSA pilots?

Once again we are back to the root issue m- being responsible for your own actions.

Jim, I'm just sayin' that there should be some "leadership" from the top, (aka: ALPA National).

While I think PSA and Endeavor deserve their share of the blame for accepting concessionary contracts in this environment, I also think that ALPA bears an equal amount of blame,....if not more.

We need leadership and resolve for the entire regional pilot group,....FROM THE TOP!!! And while I admire Eagle MEC and XJT pilots for taking a stand,...... Eagle MEC and XJT ain't "the top".

ALPA needs to recognize the power that the regional pilots now have and cohesively guide us toward making strides for the entire regional pilot group.

Or perhaps all the other regional airlines should simply ask Eagle MEC and XJT pilots to represent them! At lease Eagle MEC and XJT pilots have demonstrated that they understand the pilot shortage issue and have demonstrated that THEY have some stones!

Last edited:
Aren't regional pilots adult professionals capable of making mature decisions about things affecting their future? The pilots wanted it and it did not violate any ALPA rules or policies. What right did ALPA National have to refuse to sign and disregard the will of the PSA pilots?

Once again we are back to the root issue m- being responsible for your own actions.

ALPA national needs to be responsible for their own actions, or inactions as the case may be. Nobody put a gun to nationals head. They signed off on a contract that hurts pilots at every airline. Just because it didn't violate rules or policies does not mean it needs to be signed. This has been judicially tested. PSA dropped the ball, and ALPA national had the opportunity to recover it, but chose not to. Please don't mistake my disdain for ALPA national as a defense of PSA pilots, because it is not. Those guys screwed everyone, and I hope it haunts them. That said, a little leadership from national could have gone a long way. Remember CCAir?

What's the point of having a national union that represents a majority of the pilots in the US when a select few from within the group (ie PSA) ruin it for everyone else. The national union is just as responsible for this travesty as PSA pilots are for not shooting that piece of crap TA down. If there's no leadership from the top then what's the point of a national union...just bring it in house.

Jim, I'm just sayin' that there should be some "leadership" from the top, (aka: ALPA National).

While I think PSA and Endeavor deserve their share of the blame for accepting concessionary contracts in this environment, I also think that ALPA bears an equal amount of blame,....if not more.

We need leadership and resolve for the entire regional pilot group,....FROM THE TOP!!! And while I admire Eagle MEC and XJT pilots for taking a stand,...... Eagle MEC and XJT ain't "the top".

ALPA needs to recognize the power that the regional pilots now have and cohesively guide us toward making strides for the entire regional pilot group.

Or perhaps all the other regional airlines should simply ask Eagle MEC and XJT pilots to represent them! At lease Eagle MEC and XJT pilots have demonstrated that they understand the pilot shortage issue and have demonstrated that THEY have some stones!

Put your big boy pants on and sack up, you wonder why you are in the pickle you are in, look in the mirror. Going through life fat, drunk and stupid is a choice, now all you gotta do is start drinking.

Put your big boy pants on and sack up, you wonder why you are in the pickle you are in, look in the mirror. Going through life fat, drunk and stupid is a choice, now all you gotta do is start drinking.

It's a little early to be that drunk, isn't it?

I'm sure your reply meant something terribly cogent, in your mind. But I gotta be honest, I have NO IDEA what you're trying to say.

there should be a standardized/uniform minimum standard for any contract

there should be a standardized/uniform minimum standard for any contract

The uniform standard at our airline is we have to wear the coat from 1nov-28feb. But we don't have to wear hats.

Latest resources

Back