• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Allegiant Airlines currently hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong. Nothing you just said has merit. How can you defend someone's statements and say they have some merit when you open with something like that?
Delta lands on a taxiway in Atlanta and its a non issue. American lands an MD-80 in St. Louis because they pushed the fire T-handle in and opened the faulty start valve. Southwest just had a nose gear collapse in New York.
There are plenty of maintenance issues at other airlines.

Back to the original question.....is Allegiant hiring? This whole thread is a setup and it's a shame that Allegiant pilots are the ones on here dragging down the company.

Those examples are few and far between, not every other week like allegiant.

Mr. Steak, those are three examples. I'm sure there are more that go under the radar.

So where do you get your information anyway? We blow an engine every week or so? Again, you start a thread and ask a seemingly innocent question. You know the answer and now it seems that you know more about our maintenance issues than I do.

By now in this thread, all your questions and concerns have been answered. I don't think Allegiant is what you are looking. If you work here already, which I think you do, then go find another job. I think Eagle is paying a $5,000 signing bonus and I'm sure they don't have any MX issues at all.

I seriously don't know anyone that has had multiple engine failures. I would need to see proof to believe that. I've been with the company over 8 years and I don't believe that.

You must be an East Coaster, then, since the most of the engine failure "veterans" are in LAS. Since the company does not publicize to us when it happens, we have to rely on word of mouth. By word of mouth, I mean actually talking to the person who has had the engine failure. We indeed have several pilots with multiple engine failures under their belts. Like others, I do not believe Allegiant is unsafe. But, we do have more than our fair share of issues and that safety comes from our competent crews who handle these issues.

"I have been here 2+ years and flown about 1600 hours in the 80. I haven't had all these problems people are talking about. Maybe I'm just lucky!!"

U, you are lucky!

You must be an East Coaster, then, since the most of the engine failure "veterans" are in LAS. Since the company does not publicize to us when it happens, we have to rely on word of mouth. By word of mouth, I mean actually talking to the person who has had the engine failure. We indeed have several pilots with multiple engine failures under their belts. Like others, I do not believe Allegiant is unsafe. But, we do have more than our fair share of issues and that safety comes from our competent crews who handle these issues.

You fly the 757. I'm hearing Allegiant's near pull out of Hawaii is due to not only lack of demand, but etops maint. issues.
The local news station even did a story that Allegiant has had so many maint issues that they hired Boeing to review their operation and help improve it.

You fly the 757. I'm hearing Allegiant's near pull out of Hawaii is due to not only lack of demand, but etops maint. issues.
The local news station even did a story that Allegiant has had so many maint issues that they hired Boeing to review their operation and help improve it.

You're half-right. If we had ETOPS Mx issues, we would discontinue ETOPS flying altogether. Keep in mind that we have not had a mechanical failure past the EEP. They found only seasonal demand for several of the small cities on the West Coast. LAS and BLI are not one of them. Our LAS-HNL flights are completely packed as will be the HNL-LAX flights when they begin shortly.

As far as the "attention" that we are given by the HNL media, there's a little bias there. When we had our lengthy delays back in March, the Star-Advertiser strategically placed a Hawaiian Airlines banner directly above the article about our delays. I get it. Hawaiian is the hometown airline and they don't like a bunch of haoles coming in and taking market share. But the locals are very price sensitive. Our flights are 1/4 the price of HA. They might get there a day late, but they don't seem to care. :)

My point is that we may continue HI service or we may not. But if we pull out altogether, it will be because the economics didn't work.

No. 21 have left since January and they hired 12.

May or may not hire another 12 in the fall/winter.

All of this is subject to change. The fact is that they don't know what hiring will be in the future.

Latest resources

Back