Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Chuck Steak

Just greased another one!
Who's got the intel? Where can potential newhires expect to be based? Any movement at the company?

New hires can expect one of the Florida bases.

No movement.

12 newhires in August and possibly 12 this winter.

All newhires to Florida. Almost uncommutable reserve with 10 days off and Tues and Sat off. If you don't live in Florida or don't plan on moving there I wouldn't apply.

Don't come to Allegiant, everybody hates it here. The new management have made this a lousy place to work. The majority of pilots are looking for jobs elsewhere.

Last edited:
Don't come to Allegiant, everybody hates it here. The new management have made this a lousy place to work. The majority of pilots are looking for jobs elsewhere.

This guy doesn't speak for all Allegiant pilots. We seem to be our own worst enemies. People out looking for jobs and we are doing well and this BS is being spewed out there. With any luck, the internal haters will find jobs elsewhere. I'm just hoping this guy is senior to me. I have a hunch that he's not.

With the legacies potentially hiring big time in the next few years, you would think Allegiant will have to improve some conditions or else suffer an expensive exodus - right? You would think that but there is little logic in this industry.... :mad:

A bit extreme to claim everyone hates it here.....if you are junior & commute you probably are hating life, like most any airline. Yes, schedules here make it especially miserable. Best bet is assume this is a Florida airline & plan on living there indefinitely, with
maybe a western base some years down the line.

Allegiant is really ideal for those who want to fly an airliner without living the airline lifestyle and who live in base - FL for you new chaps. You will make lot's more money, have vastly more airplanes domiciles and routes to choose from, and probably upgrade faster, at a legacy.

With the legacies potentially hiring big time in the next few years, you would think Allegiant will have to improve some conditions or else suffer an expensive exodus - right? You would think that but there is little logic in this industry.... :mad:

It hasn't happened yet, airlines have gotten so used to having a huge supply of ready and willing pilots lined up for jobs that they will be slow to respond when and if the supply ever starts to get tight. Allegiant is the very type of carrier that could really feel the pinch with high turnover of their more junior pilots however I think we are a long way from the day when they can't staff the airline. I don't think that day will ever come.

I hear that all the time, like just pop over to United HQ and get yourself a flying job. Not that easy, no matter what your quals. My prediction is Allegiant will definitely see folks bailing for the legacies but probably at a manageable rate. Unfortunately. Me, I hope there's a mad rush for the door so I can maybe upgrade before I retire. Probably not gonna happen.

I hear that all the time, like just pop over to United HQ and get yourself a flying job. Not that easy, no matter what your quals. My prediction is Allegiant will definitely see folks bailing for the legacies but probably at a manageable rate. Unfortunately. Me, I hope there's a mad rush for the door so I can maybe upgrade before I retire. Probably not gonna happen.

I'm with you on the "mad rush". It would be nice to move up the ladder faster!!

Latest resources

Back