• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Allegiant Airlines currently hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the j/s the typical 757 'high chair' behind the CA's seat? I haven't seen, but I've heard of some 757s that have the more comfy 767 type j/s behind the FO's seat. I can't imagine the 'high chair' being more comfortable than a seat in the back!

Yep, a rest seat in the back is approved by the FAA. Most IRO's just sit in the jump seat until relieving other crew members or their required break time.

They have two jumpseats on the 757. Yep those hawaii flights are really tough guys, stay far far away!

No movement.

12 newhires in August and possibly 12 this winter.

All newhires to Florida. Almost uncommutable reserve with 10 days off and Tues and Sat off. If you don't live in Florida or don't plan on moving there I wouldn't apply.

Is that normal to not even give you your two days off together? Can they really do that?

Last edited:
Chuck, if you are wanting to apply and are already complaining......please look elsewhere. We have hired enough whiners and complainers. Our schedules are all paired up, meaning that we are stuck for the entire month with each other. Flying with someone so negative for that long is a BIG drain. Having a teenager and two others shortly approaching that age, I like to get away from the constant ignorance and negativity. Look on APC for pay scales and per diem.
If you want to know about the job and get feedback then I'll tell you from my perspective. I get a paycheck for flying that is more than enough to pay the bills and save a little. I'm home raising my kids, not stuck in hotels. I like my job. Is isnt perfefect, and I don't mind. I'd rather work, get paid, live my life and not worry and get all worked up over stupid things like.....the company won't let me cash out ALL of my PTO at once, so maybe I'll sue them.
I've seen three huge pay increases in the 8 years that I've been here. Things have improved and will continue that direction. It all comes down to your attitude.
As for Per Diem. It's $1.00 per hour. If your going to go off on how bad that is, well, go ahead. I pack my own lunch from home and eat two meals at home most every day. I'm healthier doing this than the alternate airport crap food and hotel continental breakfast.

If you really want any more information, I'd be glad to share with you what I know in a PM.

:uzi:
Chuck, if you are wanting to apply and are already complaining......please look elsewhere. We have hired enough whiners and complainers. Our schedules are all paired up, meaning that we are stuck for the entire month with each other. Flying with someone so negative for that long is a BIG drain. Having a teenager and two others shortly approaching that age, I like to get away from the constant ignorance and negativity. Look on APC for pay scales and per diem.
If you want to know about the job and get feedback then I'll tell you from my perspective. I get a paycheck for flying that is more than enough to pay the bills and save a little. I'm home raising my kids, not stuck in hotels. I like my job. Is isnt perfefect, and I don't mind. I'd rather work, get paid, live my life and not worry and get all worked up over stupid things like.....the company won't let me cash out ALL of my PTO at once, so maybe I'll sue them.
I've seen three huge pay increases in the 8 years that I've been here. Things have improved and will continue that direction. It all comes down to your attitude.
As for Per Diem. It's $1.00 per hour. If your going to go off on how bad that is, well, go ahead. I pack my own lunch from home and eat two meals at home most every day. I'm healthier doing this than the alternate airport crap food and hotel continental breakfast.

If you really want any more information, I'd be glad to share with you what I know in a PM.

I'll never forget what a former employee of your airline told me on the jumpseat. He said Allegiant is "better than a regional, but not where you want to end up"??? It sounds like a regional with better pay. Terrible work rules and working conditions? Is it just a place for furloughs to go to remain current? After doing a little research, it just seems like nobody has anything positive to say about their overall experience working there? I heard the interview is kind of a bitch, also?

So did you find out if we are hiring? I thought that was your original question. Other than your original question, everything else seems like you are stirring the pot and setting up a lot of negative comments.

Yes, pay is better than a regional and comperable to other LCC. Glad I'm here and I know plenty of people who feel the same as me. Unfortunately, like I said earlier, our negative guys are on here running their mouths and guys like me usually don't say much.

Not at all, I just want the truth! that's all?

Not at all, I just want the truth! that's all?

You want the truth??? This is the best job I have ever had!! I get to be with my two little girls every night and get to watch them grow up. Will I miss out on an extra million in retirement by not going to United/Delta? Probably. But the quality of life and the investment I have in my family is priceless!! I have been here just over 2 years and have very little complaints. This is the first flying job where I actually enjoy going to work. This is not a commuter friendly company. If you don't live in base..... it's not worth it in my opinion.

Here's the best way to describe Allegiant to a prospective newhire....

If you were working at Delta, American or United and had the option of getting 1/4 of your retirement, 2/3 of your pay and gave up all work rules to have a line where you were home every night would you bid it? Some people out there would. Those are the ones that are happy here.

Latest resources

Back