• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Allegiant Airlines currently hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Friend at usair flew the -80 a while back in the 90's. Popped two engines.

Not on the same flight, fortunately.

For the record....... You said 3 a week. Also for the record... Thank god you withdrew your application. Also for the record x3 I am not a test pilot and don't feel unsafe at allegiant. Go flame somewhere else.

We certainly have our fair share of maintenance event's, however the logistic's of fixing an airplane within Allegiant's network sometime's lead to air return's that would not normally require an air return at other carrier's. The logistic's for recovering the schedule with an aircraft that will be AOG at destination is usually better facilitated with the aircraft in a maintenance base. That fact drive's the companies decision to turn airplanes around, probably more often than most other carrier's.

We certainly have our fair share of maintenance event's, however the logistic's of fixing an airplane within Allegiant's network sometime's lead to air return's that would not normally require an air return at other carrier's. The logistic's for recovering the schedule with an aircraft that will be AOG at destination is usually better facilitated with the aircraft in a maintenance base. That fact drive's the companies decision to turn airplanes around, probably more often than most other carrier's.

+1!

Either way, it sounds like an all too frequent event.

Last edited:
There are some captains at Allegiant that have 3 engine failures. There's also a bunch with 2. Don't know if anyone has 4 or more.

In his defense you'll find captains with not one but two or three engine failures at Allegiant. How many MD80 pilots at Delta and American can say the same?

I do agree that the sole purpose of his posts is to stir up controversy, but I also agree that everything he has said has merit.

Wrong. Nothing you just said has merit. How can you defend someone's statements and say they have some merit when you open with something like that?
Delta lands on a taxiway in Atlanta and its a non issue. American lands an MD-80 in St. Louis because they pushed the fire T-handle in and opened the faulty start valve. Southwest just had a nose gear collapse in New York.
There are plenty of maintenance issues at other airlines.

Back to the original question.....is Allegiant hiring? This whole thread is a setup and it's a shame that Allegiant pilots are the ones on here dragging down the company.

Wrong. Nothing you just said has merit. How can you defend someone's statements and say they have some merit when you open with something like that?

I'm not trying to stir up anything. I'm just stating facts for the benefit of people considering a career here.

I know of one captain who has had 3 engine failures and a couple others with two engine failures. Does my family fly on Allegiant? Yes. I don't find it unsafe, I just find that we have a lot more issues than another carrier.

Delta and American have three times our MD80 fleet size. Do you think that if they had three times our maintenance issues and engine failures there would be changes?

What about our 6 757s? United has 150. If they had 25 maintenance problems for every one of our maintenance problems on their 757 fleet what would happen?

If you want to see Allegiant as a great airline that is your choice. I simply see the potential for a great airline. Do I hate my job or complain all day? No. I enjoy what I do and who I fly with. I just see a lot of room for improvement and little reason for an airline with our profits to continue to do what it does.

I seriously don't know anyone that has had multiple engine failures. I would need to see proof to believe that. I've been with the company over 8 years and I don't believe that.

Delta lands on a taxiway in Atlanta and its a non issue. American lands an MD-80 in St. Louis because they pushed the fire T-handle in and opened the faulty start valve. Southwest just had a nose gear collapse in New York.
There are plenty of maintenance issues at other airlines.

Back to the original question.....is Allegiant hiring? This whole thread is a setup and it's a shame that Allegiant pilots are the ones on here dragging down the company.

+1 Explained it perfectly!!

I have been here 2+ years and flown about 1600 hours in the 80. I haven't had all these problems people are talking about. Maybe I'm just lucky!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back