• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Airnet A Dying Company?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Working in the financial industry currently and spending years in banking before, Check 21 will not cause the dissapearance of checks overnight. Believe it or not, I actually had one bank (a VERY large, bank, with subsidiaries all over the world) actually have the VP of operations not know how to process a check 21 transaction. They bounced the transaction for our customer after another bank submitted his check for payout through the check 21 system. They said they had no clue what they got.... So trust me, it will be a very slow process. Especially installing the equipment in the local, small town privately owned banks. Airnet will have PLENTY of time to modify it's operations.

I definately want airnet to hang around for awhile...however, latest word is that Bank of America and Wells will be pulling out next month some time. That affects part of the run i do, and everything on the west coast and central states at the least. Word is, and it has been verified with others above myself, that it is true, and the runs will be changing possibly sooner than we all thought.

starchkr said:
I definately want airnet to hang around for awhile...however, latest word is that Bank of America and Wells will be pulling out next month some time. That affects part of the run i do, and everything on the west coast and central states at the least. Word is, and it has been verified with others above myself, that it is true, and the runs will be changing possibly sooner than we all thought.

Thats sad to hear. My run in St. Louis had a lot of B of A.

Airnet

Airnet has great to me over the last year, but it is time to move on. Airnet might not go under completely but runs will change, bases will close and people who are at airnet for the stability location and quality of life might not be to happy. Time for me to move on.

Guillotine007 said:
You guys are too negative.

It's not negativity. It's extreme cautiosness. I would like nothing else than to see Airnet pull through, but when you hire an outside firm to come and and look at cost cutting measures, remember the Bob's, it's never a good sign. Good luck to all the freight doggies

trfenwyd said:
P.S. when they start selling their barons, somebody let me know. I want one.

Have you seen them? Well maintained, but not the queens of the ramp. Anyone know how much time 1814W has on it?

Barons? Ha! There are Cessna 310's down here in BHM with 22,000 hrs on them! And yes, they make popping noises when descending! Kinda scary...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back