• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Airnet A Dying Company?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
from what I understand, it is going to take the banks a couple of years to get set up for check 21, so they will probably not lose their check buisness overnight, but if I had to guess, check flying will probably drop off in 2-3 years.

I second...it probably is. Go watch a major airnet ramp and you'll see tons more bags and boxes of checks than movie cannisters, lead boxes (radioactive work)and horse semen carriers. ( I've only heard about the later but have no clue what a horse semen cannister would look like myself) Anyway, apply what you see to their financials and it looks awfully red. On the other hand, a whole lotta money and more bulk-capable aircraft would make airnet a pretty cool ups feeder wouldn't it? A closely held company might keep it's assets close and try to time the end of bank work then sell the planes but Airnet on the other hand is a public firm and has to do the best it can to create value for its shareholders. In comes Jetride...or windrider or whatever. I wonder what the duration of AirNow's contract with UPS is? I betcha the fat American Express carrying sales folks at airnet are working pretty hard to figure it out...

As an aside my company is a goner too which is one reason that our pilots jump to regionals and ups/fedex feeders after building time here. Well, that and fear for our lives...

icefr8dawg said:
( I've only heard about the later but have no clue what a horse semen cannister would look like myself)...

...believe it or not, its a bullet shaped, 5 gallon, steel bucket :cool:

The instant you go into scheduled cargo feeder routes you are going into a bidding war on who can do it cheaper. The bottom line at the company takes a real beating. There is a history of the last thing a company did before it went out of business was go into scheduled runs. Look at Reliant Airlines and their last ditch relationship with Fedex. Bye Bye Reliant.

Last I heard checks make up about 60% of the flying at Airnet and only about 40% of the revenue. The Jet Ride is a growing part of Air Net and their major money maker.

How many of you all receive paper checks from your bank at the end of the month?

Check 21 is here, Airnet's a goner.

Flyboy6420 said:
How many of you all receive paper checks from your bank at the end of the month?

We dont fly cancelled checks to each persons house who writes a check genius, getting your checks printed online has nothing to do with getting the original paper checks back. Well not directly anyways. Check 21 is about bank to bank transfers, not bank to customer.

Jet ride does help the bottom line at Airnet, but they are breaking off altogether from Airnet, to form a separate company. So if Airnet goes under, Jet Ride would still exist. Ive heard talks of them pumping up Jet ride then selling it off for a profit also. But who knows....

Flyboy-
Next time educate yourself on a topic before you speak unintelligently on it. It is true that check 21 is here and will slowly change the business of flying checks but it has nothing to do with why you may get a photocopy of your checks and not the actual piece of paper.

Flyboy6420 said:

Say goodbye to Flight Express as well, I'm sure.

IHF

There sure have been a lot of posts from people on here who seem to WANT Airnet to die. What do y'all have against the starcheckers anyway?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back