• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Air Wisconsin Commuter Friendly?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
something tells me you may be waiting for a very long time on that issue. Try skywest, lakes, horizon or mesa if you want Denver.

KDEN KIAD KORD KATW......will all be closed for awac.
I think skywest will be taking all of denver and some of chicago. As for the rest I have no idea. The new awac bases will be dca philly and norfolk. We do have a commuter clause infact it just got better. Some of the other awac guys know the full details about it. I live near Iad so I am not really sure how it all works. Hope that helps

Thanks Payne! Mesa is pullin out of Philly by Oct...... makes sense now. I heard Philly was a butthole of an airport

You bet...Not sure about philly. We have yet to find out where all of are pilots are going but most people think philly will go sr than dca than norfolk. And we better have a good commuter clause because at least 60-70% of our pilot group will have to commute. We have a great group of pilots here even after all the crap from united we still do better than some of the other express operators. So if you like the east coast send in your stuff. I hear will will be hiring into the fall.

I'm glad to see people posting positive comments about Air Wisconsin. I enjoyed my time there and one day amy return to the company. The USX move is a smart one because "Uncle Geoffery" will be able to have some say in what the partner company is doing as opposed to being told what to do by UAL. I hope that closing the DEN and ORD crew bases don't cost ZW some of the great captains that they have on the RJ.

Adam

Just to add a little more to the commuter policy here at AWAC. We will soon have one of the best commuter policies out there (in my opinion) by September from what I understand. This new commuter policy will include ALL airlines, not just the ones we feed for. All you would have to have is the jumpseat card you get from the gate agent to prove that you infact tried to get on that particular flight.

Currently our commuter policy only applies to United and United Express flights because that is the only system the company has computer accesss to to see if you actually listed for the jumpseat.

pilotpayne said:
You bet...Not sure about philly. We have yet to find out where all of are pilots are going but most people think philly will go sr than dca than norfolk. And we better have a good commuter clause because at least 60-70% of our pilot group will have to commute. We have a great group of pilots here even after all the crap from united we still do better than some of the other express operators. So if you like the east coast send in your stuff. I hear will will be hiring into the fall.

Just from looking at the website it seems that the pilots are well taken care of. 12 days off/min per month and really good pay, especially 2nd year pay!! What are you guys in need of right now? Avro or CRJ FO's?

Spinplate said:
Just from looking at the website it seems that the pilots are well taken care of. 12 days off/min per month and really good pay, especially 2nd year pay!! What are you guys in need of right now? Avro or CRJ FO's?

As it stands the 146's will be gone early next year after the ski season is finished in Aspen. Short on RJ FO's and captains but the company seem to be holding off on Captain upgrades until the 146 reduction is further down the line (JM Capt's by the boat load - 17 on Friday alone still it's $100/hr pay:D ). Several classes planned in the next couple of months for FO's but it will be all east coast flying.

Latest resources

Back