• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Irate NW Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give me a break. It's a double standard because they are the customer and we are the service provider. If you don't like that fact, go haul boxes.

I can't believe someone is supporting a professional pilot's actions when he's acting like a freaking 2 year old. We are not going to get any respect in this industry until we demand it and yelling expletives in front of your passengers is ridiculous.

If he had stepped outside they would have looked at him funny for talking on the ramp and not using the F-Bomb

Give me a break. It's a double standard because they are the customer and we are the service provider. If you don't like that fact, go haul boxes.

I can't believe someone is supporting a professional pilot's actions when he's acting like a freaking 2 year old. We are not going to get any respect in this industry until we demand it and yelling expletives in front of your passengers is ridiculous.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Simply because you paid (and today, at a ridiculously low price---and at the employees expense) for a ticket does not entitle you to feign off any shred of decent behavior.
While I agree with you that he CA's behavior was unprofessional, I think you fired a miss at excusing bad behavior under the disguise of having entitlement for it by paying.

Somebody has to find out what the phone call was about-

A friend of a brother of the flight atendant who jumpseated on the flight before told me that he owned one of those crashpads around Midway...

I disagree wholeheartedly. Simply because you paid (and today, at a ridiculously low price---and at the employees expense) for a ticket does not entitle you to feign off any shred of decent behavior.
While I agree with you that he CA's behavior was unprofessional, I think you fired a miss at excusing bad behavior under the disguise of having entitlement for it by paying.[/quote

I never said that bad behavior is excusable, just that there is an understandable double standard. We live in a "civilized" society where people's behavior should fall within certain norms. So absolutely a pax's behavior should be reasonable and if it's not then the crew has the option of kicking them off the flight. But the CA is in charge of everything going on on the plane and therefore has no excuse for such an unprofessional behavior. His attitude sets the tone for both the rest of the crew and the passengers on board. In today's volatile society, I'm not sure how many people would be comfortable flying on a plane with such a visibly distraught crew member.

Your point is well taken, though. Passengers do need to stop taking out their bad travel experience, which is directly related to the low prices they are paying, on the beaten down workers who are just trying to do their job. Again, though, we aren't going to get the respect we deserve until we demand it and stop looking and acting like bus drivers.

Cheers and Happy Easter

Oh please! People like you are the reason I haul boxes; I think it's halarious. Why don't you go back to "fashion consulting" or being an FA, but get out of the cockpit whiner!

Free speech! Unprofessional but on what grounds did the police arrest the guy?

Apparently this story is true. I was talking on the phone with my dad (an AA pilot) when he was stuck at the Vegas airport on a mechanical that day. He said the NW pilot just found out his wife was having an affair and went nuts. He also said this guy was an FFDO!

Latest resources

Back