• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Irate NW Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly! Passengers think they can get on our airplanes and throw little temper tantrums at our flight attendants because the flight's late, or it's hot or whatever, but WATCH OUT the first time a crewmember acts anything other than professional and accomodating. I'm sick of the double standard.
That's the kind of passenger you'll attract with a one way ticket price, coast to coast for $99. Godbless SWA, but I can't stand alot of their pax.

I can't believe someone is supporting a professional pilot's actions when he's acting like a freaking 2 year old. We are not going to get any respect in this industry until we demand it and yelling expletives in front of your passengers is ridiculous.

Well none of us has all the facts. If this is (relatively normal behavior for this gentleman, that happend to be overheard) that is one thing; and all the comments about double standards apply. But if this is a sudden "break" from his normal demeanor... then you have to worry about what caused it. Depression, psychosis, stress. In that case you have to worry about whether he is fit for flight. At the very least it needs to be evaluated by a sympathetic yet neutral person.

We in the public... reading only what is published by CNN (often inaccurate) cannot evaluate the incident. I agree with the airline's decision to investigate further. Hopefully it won't just be done for PR sake... but for safety reasons

he owned one of those crashpads around Midway...
What's with that??? I just read about those crashpads in the newspaper the other day. I think it's bull$hit. I wouldn't be surprised if Dickey Daley sees this as a possible financial "windfall"

You want to set up a crashpad? You'll need inspectors to sign off your property for these purposes, I have a few names you can use. Oh, and you'll also have to sign up for the new "crash-pad tax"

Apparently this story is true. I was talking on the phone with my dad (an AA pilot) when he was stuck at the Vegas airport on a mechanical that day. He said the NW pilot just found out his wife was having an affair and went nuts. He also said this guy was an FFDO!

Heard Paul Harvey talking about it this morning on the old ADF radio.

Apparently this story is true. I was talking on the phone with my dad (an AA pilot) when he was stuck at the Vegas airport on a mechanical that day. He said the NW pilot just found out his wife was having an affair and went nuts. He also said this guy was an FFDO!

Ouch... First thing that came to my mind was I figured his wife was divorcing him and taking everything. At least this way he can kick the bitch to the curb. Hope there arn't kids involved.

Latest resources

Back