Iraqi Invasion Implications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
'UN Inspectors?

Didnt Israel and Ariel Sharon deny UN inspectors into Jenin? no sanciotns from the UN and we still give them Billions of our tax dollars every year. "

--The UN just released a report stating there was no massacre at Jenin. And the UN is definitely not Israel-friendly.

This whole thread just reinforces my opinion that pilots should never be alowed to talk about politics or religion let alone both in the same discussion.

furloboy said:
'UN Inspectors?

Didnt Israel and Ariel Sharon deny UN inspectors into Jenin? no sanciotns from the UN and we still give them Billions of our tax dollars every year. "

--The UN just released a report stating there was no massacre at Jenin. And the UN is definitely not Israel-friendly.

The UN inspectors were denied access to Jenin by Sharon, the report was generated through interviews and the limited media acounts. Just like Saddam has denied inspectors. I know that the UN is not Israel-friendly, my point was that resolutions against Isreal are not enforced (resolutions that are over 30 years old!) yet Iraq is forced to comply through force in the name of the UN.

We are really busy already just with a little talk of Iraq. The C-5's are burning a lot of jet fuel which is great news for the CRAFT fleet. An Iraq buildup would sure help us with the slumping numbers that we have for the fall. War is very good for aviation, especially in the big airplane market.

re: s.o.s.JTB

s.o.s.

In reference to your first post in this string. You compared our support of Israel to Iraq a few times. I want to remind everyone that Israel is the ONLY representitive republic/democracy in the region. That is the difference between Israel and Iraq. We as a people/government attempt to support democracies. If ya'll want something to be pissed about; did you know that we also send hundreds of millions to Arafat and his Palestinian Authority?

regards
8N

PS, If any of you have a hard time deciding who is good/bad in the middle east; answer these questions. When was the last time you saw the Israelis celebrating another attack against their enemys? How about the Palestinians? Which side uses legitimate military force and attacks military targets? Which side uses impressionable teenagers to attack civilians? Which side raises their children to hate the other side?

Remember the words of Golda Meir (sp?)Paraphrased because my memory s*cks.
"Peace will not come to the middle east until the Palastenians begin to love their children more than they hate the Israelis".

And another thing.........

There have been numerous posts attemting to equate the Israelis refusal to allow the UN into Jenin with Iraqs refusal to allow UN weapons inspectors.

This one is easy, Iraq agreed to the weapons inspectors as a condition of its SURRENDER after getting its butt kicked in the Gulf war. Israel is not under the terms of a surrender/peace agreement.

Look at it this way, what if the UN decided that they wanted to come into NYC and investigate why we killed 19 innocent hijackers on September 11, 2001? What if the UN decided that they wanted to investigate why the US is oppressing poor immigrant student pilots, would we just roll over and give the UN authority over our sovereignty? I hope not. Neither should Israel.

Enigma,

I won't debate the Israeli vs Palestinian question, but in your thinking do not forget the fact that the Israelis have the most powerful military machine in the region. Perhaps more powerful that all the rest combined, particularly considering it's unlimited resupply capabilities from our government.

The Palestinians, have no organize military force, no comparable military equipment and no source of supply or resupply.

The Palestinians also do not have a $100 million plus PR budget to promote their cause in the US. The Israelis do. The Palestinians have no large and powerful lobby of very wealthy American Palestinians to influence US politicians. The Israelis do.

It is not exactly a balanced dispute.

Remember also that when the now Israelis were attempting to establish the Israeli state and fighting the British, they also resorted to acts of terrorism, many perpetrated by subsequent prime ministers. It didn't get the live TV coverage in living color at suppertime and 24/7 that the Palestinian acts of terror get today in this country. For practical purposes, TV barely existed. It is also true that our TV "journalists" are as prejudiced in favor of the Israelis as is Al Jeerez in favor of the Palestinians. We don't get Al Jeerez and as far as I know, it doesn't broadcast in English anyway. However, everyone in the region can see and understand all US news channels.

I condemn suicide bomings, but this is hardly a "fair fight".

Surplus,

The Israeli "terrorism" you speak of indeed existed. Ariel Sharon created an elite unit (they wore civilian clothes) of the IDF to kick the crap out of palestinian terrorists who were (even at that time (the 50's) blowing up buses full of civilians). Sharon's group crossed into suspected terrorist camps and proceeded to kill every last person. I just thought I would try to illuminate what you were talking about for those who might not know. Feel free to correct me if I missed something.

I had no idea!!!

I am enlightened to see so much support for Palestine. It's not a fair fight, the Israleis are terrists too, blah, blah.

Surplus, Chawmain
Please let me know the last time the entire Palestinian race was targeted for extinction?

There is simply no comparasion between the actions of Israel and Palestine.

Jews were targeted for extinction and Jerusalem is the only protector of the people and the Jewish faith in that part of the world. Sharon is a combatant no a politician that's the only reason they have not had their a$$ handed to them in a basket yet. And it helps to have the unlimited arms supply from the US as mentioned earlier with other interesting points.

I in no way support the palestinians. I was just relaying the historical fact that Sharon did create that group and did slaughter lots of terrorists. I totally agree with the tactic. Take their kind of fight to them and see how long they can stand it. That is how you win a war, not with p*ssified "peace talks". Go Israel, kick the sh!t out of them, they deserve it.

Latest resources

Back