• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Iran Air pilots are joining the uprising

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been following the Twitter feeds and Fark threads since this stuff began and, while you have to remember that half of it may not be legit, it's amazing to watch everything unfold in real-time and see what is confirmed later.

Technology like Twitter is what is helping enable, encourage, and organize the masses over there...

you could "organize" your dispatchers!

Yep- All Bush's fault!

-I guess Obama will just get to skate all through his presidency and blame everything on the previous white boy! (Really illustrates what a truly classy guy he is!)

People are way tired of that silly crap-you can listen to what you want, but it won't change the fact that the "Head Moron Who Is Be In Charge" has ALREADY spent more than all his predecessors COMBINED!

-The country is bankrupt!-it will just take a while for the world to figure it out!
-"Change" we should have passed up!

Funny, Bush and the Republicans inherited a balanced budget from a Democrat and proceeded to spend the next eight years overseeing massive government expansion, writing blank checks and racking up record deficits. Now five months into the Obama administration the Republicans are suddenly fiscally responsible? Give me $@*&#@ break! It takes a lot longer than five months to undo the massive damage done by Bush.

What is really funny is back when I was a loyal dittohead I would listen to Rush preach about what a massive failure Clinton would be, how he would be the end of America, and how the "tax and spend Democrats" would drive us into financial ruin. What we got was unprecedented economic growth and balanced budgets. Now Rush (joined this time by Fox News) is spewing the same garbage he was back in 1993 and once again the mindless drones are following blindly with total disregard for history. Thankfully some of us actually opened our eyes and realized how full of it the Republican pundits are.

Nobody really knows what the long term effects of the Obama policies will be, but we know for fact what the effects of the Bush administration are, and they are not good by any measure.

EDIT - I just have to add this. I was a Republican because I believed in personal freedom, fiscally sound government and strong foreign diplomacy. In my adult life the Democrats have been far better at those than the Republicans.

Last edited:
Yes, life under the Bush administration was just wonderful. Unchecked corporate greed leading to the worst recession since the 1930s, massive bank failures, government granting itself unchecked powers to detain and spy on its own citizens, a long war based on personal revenge and faulty intelligence that has cost thousands of American lives and hundreds of billions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of American jobs lost or shipped overseas. What fun, why can't we have more of it?

Stop watching Fox News and listening to Rush Limbaugh. It is amazing what happens when you do, I speak from experience.

Maybe you should actually read some history rather than relying on MSNBC/NBC/ABC/CBS/PBS/New York Times, etc. The current recession we are in is the worst since Jimmy Carter was president, not the 1930's. It sounds to me like you need to expand your sources of information beyond the official govt propaganda machines.

Yep- All Bush's fault!

-I guess Obama will just get to skate all through his presidency and blame everything on the previous white boy! (Really illustrates what a truly classy guy he is!)

People are way tired of that silly crap-you can listen to what you want, but it won't change the fact that the "Head Moron Who Is Be In Charge" has ALREADY spent more than all his predecessors COMBINED!

-The country is bankrupt!-it will just take a while for the world to figure it out!
-"Change" we should have passed up!

Perhaps an economic education is in order? We are in a liquidity trap, cutting spending would be idiotic right now.

Reagan blamed Carter for years but then again Reagan never did anything wrong according to the current conservatives. Where were all of you fiscal conservatives when Reagan, Bush I and II ran up the deficit?

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_debt_chart.html

Keep voting Republican, the Glen Tilton and Frank Lorenzo will promise next time to let a little more trickle down to you suckers.

This current Obama bashing has gotten to the point where its just funny, I hate the Dems too but I can't vote for any of the current right wing whack job party. Bring back a level headed/rational canidate type and get these neocon religious extremists out of here.

Maybe you should actually read some history rather than relying on MSNBC/NBC/ABC/CBS/PBS/New York Times, etc. The current recession we are in is the worst since Jimmy Carter was president, not the 1930's. It sounds to me like you need to expand your sources of information beyond the official govt propaganda machines.

Any actual figures or numbers to back that up? From what I have read/watched/studied from experts (you know, people with stupid liberal achievements like PHDs and Nobel Prizes) this is the worst financial crisis we have seen since the 30s and we are not even close to being out of the woods yet. Curious as to why you think MSNBC/NBC/ABC/CBS/PBS/NYTs/etc are all government propaganda machines?? Which news network should I be watching? I look forward to some history books/lectures reccomendations since I have been limiting myself to "liberal" and therefor incorrect history........

Cutting spending would be idiotic right now? How about cutting taxes? Putting more money in the pocket of the average American would do more to improve the economy than centralized planning could ever do. More money in my pocket means I might buy a new car. More money in the government's pocket means I get a highway for turtles.

Ronald Reagan rescued us from the Carter recession by cutting taxes. (revenues to the treasury went up, look it up). The deficits went up because the only way Reagan could get the funds required to win the cold war required giving in to Democrat social spending demands.

At some point, those that produce will no longer have enough money to fund the spending priorities of those that take. What will we do then?

This recession began in December 2007, and now at 18 months in length, is the longest recessionary period in the United States since the great depression. It has now eclipsed the previous longest recessionary periods which were 16 months, the November 1973-March 1975 under Nixon/Ford (Republicans) and the July 1981-November 1982 under Reagan (Republican). Carter's six month recession from January 1980 to July 1980 pales in comparison to this one. Carter's real issues were an energy crisis, inflation and the Iran hostage situation. The six month recession at the height of the 1980 Presidential campaign were the final nail in the coffin for Carter.

Ronald Reagan rescued us from the Carter recession by cutting taxes. (revenues to the treasury went up, look it up). The deficits went up because the only way Reagan could get the funds required to win the cold war required giving in to Democrat social spending demands.

Bush tried the same thing and revenue fell. When Bush took office in 2001, US tax revenue was 2.48 trillion dollars. By the time he left office it was down to 2.19 trillion dollars. So does cutting taxes equal more revenue? Not in the most recent example.

Latest resources

Back