iPhone App for 737 Limitations and Memory Items

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HHH

For those of you that have an iPhone, check out "Limitations 737" and "Memory Items 737" in the App Store. Both apps are flash card type study guides for the limitations and memory items, respectively, on the Boeing 737(tailored from the CAL AFM, but can obviously be used for all 737's).

Moderators: Not sure where else to post this. Please delete if this is against the forum rules. Thanks.

If it is tailored from the CAL AFM then it will be of no use to the majority of FI users as CAL doesn't have ridiculous limitations with regards to flap speeds and the use of speed brakes. Also, CAL pilots taxi at around 15-20 knots and cruise around .78-.81 instead of 30-40 knots and .73 with "261 in the transition" like a certain crew I had to follow into SEA 2 nights ago. The CAL AFM also states that after landing, the strobe lights should be turned off for taxi into the gate unlike another large 737 operator that all too often leaves wing strobes on into the gate.

If it is tailored from the CAL AFM then it will be of no use to the majority of FI users as CAL doesn't have ridiculous limitations with regards to flap speeds and the use of speed brakes. Also, CAL pilots taxi at around 15-20 knots and cruise around .78-.81 instead of 30-40 knots and .73 with "261 in the transition" like a certain crew I had to follow into SEA 2 nights ago. The CAL AFM also states that after landing, the strobe lights should be turned off for taxi into the gate unlike another large 737 operator that all too often leaves wing strobes on into the gate.

Feel better? Sometimes one just needs to vent! :)

rr

I happen to agree. Our FOM admonishes any thinking pilot that may want to speed up to help everyone out. When ATC asks my speed I say "a blistering 261 but we'll gladly speed up if you need."

It's just dumb to fly a fixed descent speed no matter the wind/temp/schedule. We are in everyones way now. I even got ran over by American the other day. I hung my head in shame.

Gup

Latest resources

Back