• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

iPad test run

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I can't speak for how NJA or any other fractional has their iPads set up from a company standpoint, Jepp FD as an app *blows*. It is buggy and slow, and Jeppesen moves at the speed of government when it comes to updating it.

We use FD. We haven't experienced "bugginess" but ever since version 2.0 came out it has definitely been slow.

FD crashes every other time I use it, and almost every first time I attempt an update.

I've been using FD for over a year, and I've never seen it crash or even have a glitch. It just works. I can't imagine flying internationally without it. You should delete the app and start over. Something's definitely wrong with your setup. Which iPad are you using?

I too have noticed version 2.0 being a little slower, but now that I've used it a bit, I really like the new format and don't mind it taking a fraction of a second to draw the 10-9 page.

I've been using Jepp FD since the day it was introduced into the App store.

Perhaps I am experiencing issues because I'm using a "legacy" Gen1 Ipad, but I've deleted the app and reloaded it multiple times and still experience frequent crashes when using it, typically on startup or right when initiating updates.

When it works, it works pretty well (SID/STAR support notwithstanding), and 2.0 was a nice improvement from the original product.

Perhaps I am experiencing issues because I'm using a "legacy" Gen1 Ipad, but I've deleted the app and reloaded it multiple times and still experience frequent crashes when using it, typically on startup or right when initiating updates.

When it works, it works pretty well (SID/STAR support notwithstanding), and 2.0 was a nice improvement from the original product.

I think that's your problem. I've been told FD only works on Gen 2 and 3. You may want to use TC or upgrade to an iPad 3.

I've got the 2 and It crashes all the time as well. Must be all those 'other' websites I frequent... ;-)

Not to worry, I have Foreflight on my iPhone as backup ....

Prolly not a bad idea although not many problems here. Then again, we all know 'bout iJet, the Crackberry etc.... Can't blame the union on this one. They were told to get lost during the development.

Think you'll forget your password? Keep the thing running with the defibrillator battery they mailed out with the damn thing.

Funny how some will still resist change though. Even if company provided us with a personal assistant to do our updates, and paid us a stipend to supervise them, people would still have issues. The same people who bitched the most about paper updates. Sheesh.

A-FRICKIN-MEN

And not just about the ipads. They bitch about the crew food, the uniforms, bid awards, scheduling....:crying:

Okay, the bitching about scheduling is well-deserved :uzi:

The first gen ipad is the problem. Since it won't update to ios6 I'm sure FD isn't playing nice with it. Get a newer ipad and watch all the software crashes go away.

Latest resources

Back