• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IPad EFB for all Southwest pilots just announced

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA just announced EFB to be tested in Q1 of 2013 then operational in Q2/3 of 2013.

AirTran pilots will be issued with a sharp edged brick salvaged from disused nuclear reactors, in lieu of the iPad. The brick must be carried at all times and real iPads will be issued in 10 years ...... Perhaps. They promise.

:p

No where in the memo did it say anything about "iPad". Makes me wonder if it wouldn't be something else.

No where in the memo did it say anything about "iPad". Makes me wonder if it wouldn't be something else.

It wouldnt surprise me if this goes down the same road as the headsets, cheapest thing they can find! And if it is an iPad, I see at best a 2 (maybe they'll get Apple open the assembly line back up to make us 9000+ iPad 1's) any way we can get them with toggle switches, maybe they can force other airlines to get them! That's how "we roll"!!!
KBB

With all due respect... where are you reading this? I've been at work since 7am and haven't seen a thing.

And why would we care if it was iPad1's?
But I hope they don't do some insider deal with another tablet- I just haven't seen how those are nearly as reliable

I heard IPads. But all the apps will be disabled except for the calculator app in the utilities folder for manual performance calculations, which will be turned in to the ops supervision in triplicate on SWA cocktail napkins.

Latest resources

Back