IPA to UPS--Enjoy your Service Failures--

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amen Brothers,
We at ABX stood by and as DHL dismantled our pilot group, our Eboard never stepped up, never had the balls to throw down. Pain for the otherside is sometimes needed!

Contract Approved, Article 13.k.9. Flights are already being canceled due to lack of available crews.

Article 13.k.9
It shall be a violation of this Agreement if the Association
engages in any action to encourage or suggest to its members
that they not pick up open time or decline junior available
assignments. This language shall not be applicable during a
time of furlough or furlough announcement. Further, it shall be
a violation of this Agreement if any crewmember(s) takes any
action, individually or collectively, to discourage or interfere
with other crewmembers who desire to pick up open time or
accept junior available assignments. Nothing in the preceding
sentence shall limit an individual crewmember’s ability to voice
personal opinions.

100% IPA

MY GOD!!!! Every aviation contract should have this language!!!!!!!

For ual321 and IPA'ers everywhere,

This is one former AStar pilot wishing the IPA "Good luck, God speed, kick A$$ and take names."

I have friends on both sides of "300" and I wish them well.

FAJ

Wow....what a REAL union should do for its junior pilots. ALPA....take note

Amen!

But this is what the MEC has done, the real test comes when the members participate or not..... ( or do they have to?)

Rules/suggestions can be made left and right...... but when ALL members act together for a purpose.....

THAT is a union!

Good job! IPA is an example to follow for other MEC's. Good job again! UPS is doing great and making TONS of money..... there is no need to furlough those pilots.

Last edited:
At least the leadership is making a stand. Something that we didn't have at ABX. Membership has nothing to follow if leadership fails to define a path.

At least the leadership is making a stand. Something that we didn't have at ABX. Membership has nothing to follow if leadership fails to define a path.

It sure sucks in a free society that in times of distress we have to hope that there happens to be good leadership......

Amen Brothers,
We at ABX stood by and as DHL dismantled our pilot group, our Eboard never stepped up, never had the balls to throw down. Pain for the otherside is sometimes needed!

Exactly...theres a time when you throw out the rules and FIGHT. Sometimes pilots are such pu$$ies.

It sure sucks in a free society that in times of distress we have to hope that there happens to be good leadership......
I agree. Leadership shouldn't be required for doing the right thing. Unfortunately, we had too few that would do that without the push of leadership.

I flew for ABX and wouldn't trade the experience for anything, but it would have been nice to see this kind of support from the senior crews there.

Latest resources

Back