Introducing FlightCrewCentral.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Folks,

Today I'm making available a new website called FlightCrewCentral.com (FCC).

The primary objective is to help save you time and money in a variety of ways. FCC is to become much more than a simple directory. It will provide you, via a number of channels, suggestions for dining and activities whether you're on an overnight or off-duty looking for a getaway along with deals from our business partners.

This is an extremely ambitious project and will require about another six weeks to complete including a major overhaul to the Overnights section and Dashboard.

There are a few things, other than money, to run a successful website such as this: members and content. Starting today I'm asking for your help with the membership as my team and I start working on content. Membership is free.

Please visit the blog for additional information on what FCC will provide, the timeline for development and how you can help turn this into a very powerful resource.

But today, I need your help in registering for FCC (again it's free and takes about two minutes) which enters you into the iPad sweepstakes. Use the Tell-A-Friend function to notify all your friends and for each one who registers, you'll receive another entry. The drawing will be on May 1.

If you're wondering how we're going to populate over 400 airline-served communities, it'll be a monumental task and we'll need your help and additional staff. If you know someone, ideally in the airline industry, who enjoys exploring and finding new activities, places to eat and shops, please have them contact us at [email protected].

Again, we're still very busy working on the site and content development. I'm asking for your help in validation and suggestions on how to improve it as we continue working.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Welcome aboard.

Jeff

Registering is causing IE8 to crash (sysfader)

You're not going to be ready in six weeks unless you are able to pull a whole lot of content out of your butt. The infrastructure is there but with almost no content the first time someone comes to the site and does one search - nothing, second search - nothing, third search - all the FATZ locations and nothing else.... they will NEVER come back to your site. You will have lost them as a potential customer.

And I don't know what you are thinking.... pilots are the cheapest people in the world. If I was an advertiser, flight crews are the last people I would be spending my advertising money going after.

Good luck.

Last edited:
FCC,

Are you planning this on a global scale or just for the US?

Varmint,

Would I like to, absolutely...but it would be a while. Just trying to get the 400ish US airline served airports populated is enough work for 20 or more people.

Here is a map of the focus cities.

http://www.flightcrewcentral.com/docs/USMap.pdf

It's ambitious and thus going to take quite some time.

Thanks for asking.

Jeff

You're not going to be ready in six weeks unless you are able to pull a whole lot of content out of your butt. The infrastructure is there but with almost no content the first time someone comes to the site and does one search - nothing, second search - nothing, third search - all the FATZ locations and nothing else.... they will NEVER come back to your site. You will have lost them as a potential customer.

And I don't know what you are thinking.... pilots are the cheapest people in the world. If I was an advertiser, flight crews are the last people I would be spending my advertising money going after.

Good luck.

Broke,

You're absolutely right about not having the site populated with content within six weeks. I thought I mentioned this was for validation of the idea...the concept...the objectives.

This week we're going to start working with businesses to provide content though. It's going to take some time...in fact it's going to take a good year or two to really get it where I would like it but you gotta push off the gate sometime. This might be analogous to pushing off at JFK for a two hour wait to get the party started.

As for pilots beging cheap...I know what you're saying but I disagree. Other than the poor souls in the right set at the regionals, I see (and hear about) many outdoor toys, electronic gizmos and talk about going here or there.

I think most of us are simply resourceful and thrifty. I know I am. I try to save a buck when I can so I can purchase the next cool gadget or take my kids somewhere nice. So there is money to be spent and it's just who can we partner up with where it's a win for all.

A final note about the infrastructure...what until you see what's coming for the Overnights section. It's several times better than what's there now. The user interface is much improved. Wish I had started with it.

If you haven't registered, please do. It's the email and blog where I'll be posting updates.

Thanks for taking the time to "poke around."

Jeff

Latest resources

Back