Int'l Ops question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ukipilot said:
One thing to add, yes, the ICAO international language is English, but many countries like Russia,China,India,etc.... only are required to speak English or have an english speaking Person during the day, at night that rule does not apply, especially during the late hours, most charts, notams etc. will display the hours that English will be available

Something to keep in mind

I never saw anything on "English hours"...but have not been too far off the beaten path in Russia, China, or India...interesting.

Gotta agree that that "English" spoken at night in Russia is pretty bad, nevermind that it sounds like the guy is sitting in a tin $hithouse..

Koslen said:
The tokyo girls like to give a re route to kix from the nopac when there landing 06. If you don't already know it it can take several tries to get it right. I got in the habit of marking it on the area chart for the next crew so they would not have to struggle if it was there first time to kix.

Lears can cross the nopac no problem?

I don't know much about corporate jets and their ranges.

thanks.

Trijet

Heck, I've always found that the easiest to understand were the Japanese (of either gender) and Germans. Tokyo control can be hard? News to me!

The turk's are horrible, and so are the saudi's. Sometimes you can barely even make out your call sign, let alone the fix they're clearing you to.

How about that woman in Ankara Control. I swear this particular ATC controller works 24/7. I have never been through Turkish airspace without hearing her voice, no matter the time of day.

Anyone heard of the "Barge Inn" in Narita?

It's an English pub in Narita near the Narita station, frequented by flight crews.

It's named after the Japanese phonetic pronunciation of "Virgin" (call sign).

I always thought the Turkish were the worst. Had a woman controller whose voice sounded like fingernails on a chalkboard. Whew, makes the hair on my back stand up. :)

After flying to over 40 foreign countries I would have to say Indonesia was the hardest to understand. I had no problems with Japan or Taiwan. I remember while on the ground in Jakarta clearance delivery had to repeat the clearance back at least 5 times; even then it was tough to comprehend.

The lady in Ankara was the one I was thinking of when I made my earlier post. In fact, I spoke to her this afternoon on my way back from DLM.

Latest resources

Back