Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AeroDMB

Hello,

Looking to get information on jumpseating to HKG, any suggestions or advice? Right now we are looking at Polar Air but are considering UPS, Fedex, etc. Thanks.

AeroDMB said:
Hello,

Looking to get information on jumpseating to HKG, any suggestions or advice? Right now we are looking at Polar Air but are considering UPS, Fedex, etc. Thanks.
Go Northwest (if your on the jumpseat list, pax, not cargo). They have a great jumpseat policy, 2 offliners per airplane, not to mention frequency to HGK. Only thing to consider is that asia flights are full to the max.

UPS and FEX-Ex, do not allow offline jumpseating. Polar is great to jumpseat on, but I believe they go to Narita and Inchon...I don't think they go to Chep Lak (sp?). Also, jumpseating back from Asia on cargo gets a little tricky. Try to meet the crew at the hotel...this saves a lot of hassle.

Jumpseating and non-reving to Asia is tough lately...if you have to be at work after your travels you might want to consider buying a cheap ticket...at least you'll have a seat. Travel benefits are not what they used to be....

Good luck

House_X said:
UPS and FEX-Ex, do not allow offline jumpseating.
UPS does allow offline jumpseating to other CASS compliant airlines. The original poster appears to be an American Eagle pilot, they are CASS approved, but unfortunately, CASS is restricted to domestic flights for the time being.

AeroDMB said:
Hello,

No international jumpseating on UPS at this time. Sorry

NW pax is definatly the way to go from Narita to Hong Kong (or most any asian destination). Getting to Narita is best done on Continintal, as the 777 they fly is much more comfortable and not nearly as full. NW does have at least 6 flights from the US to Narita, but requires an overnight in Narita (crew hotel, Washington and Narita View is about $40).
Did the Polar flight a few times, check out thier website to sign up and reserve a jump seat. Word or wisdom, get an ID90 on any one as a back up (I always kept an Asiana ID90 and had to whip it out once to make it to work on time) Expect to get stuck in Narita at least a day waiting for a ride (If you do make sure you go to the "Trailer", a pretty cool crew bar with crews from all over the world). Very few airlines are on the international list, heck even NW Airlink can't fly NW international. If you can make it work, its worth it.

I know this thread is dead for a while, but wanna see if there's any new update to JS int'l to HKG. My company already has CASS with pix, so is there any cargo outfit that I can hop a ride with?

Thanks!

What are the crew hotels for cheap rates in NRT. Last time I checked (almost stuck in NRT) they were quoting well over $100 a night.

House_X said:
Go Northwest (if your on the jumpseat list, pax, not cargo). They have a great jumpseat policy, 2 offliners per airplane, not to mention frequency to HGK. Only thing to consider is that asia flights are full to the max.

UPS and FEX-Ex, do not allow offline jumpseating. Polar is great to jumpseat on, but I believe they go to Narita and Inchon...I don't think they go to Chep Lak (sp?). Also, jumpseating back from Asia on cargo gets a little tricky. Try to meet the crew at the hotel...this saves a lot of hassle.

Jumpseating and non-reving to Asia is tough lately...if you have to be at work after your travels you might want to consider buying a cheap ticket...at least you'll have a seat. Travel benefits are not what they used to be....

Good luck

ummmm........ Ride to HKG cramed into a center coach seat..... Then get stuck in NRT....... Or ride to HKG in the upper deck of a cargo 747, with the whole upper deck to myself where I can walk around, get in the bunk and take a nap, bring a couple of steaks and cook um up in the galley...... That NW deal sounds pretty good, I don't want my friends to see me getting off a dirty old 74 freighter!!

Well you can ride on us Polar Air Cargo to HKG from Lax via ICN on a 400.
Lately HKG has been a popular place for jumpseaters based on my observations.

Go to www.polaraircargo.com and enjoy.

By the way Good luck at the Jade Interview.

JUNK YARD DOG said:
ummmm........ Ride to HKG cramed into a center coach seat..... Then get stuck in NRT....... Or ride to HKG in the upper deck of a cargo 747, with the whole upper deck to myself where I can walk around, get in the bunk and take a nap, bring a couple of steaks and cook um up in the galley...... That NW deal sounds pretty good, I don't want my friends to see me getting off a dirty old 74 freighter!!

LOL!! I'll take the upperdeck of an old nasty 747 freighter over businessclass anyday! Much more comfortable, plus no other pax to worry about, no waiting on the use of the lavatory et etc etc.

Latest resources

Back