Interview with Logbook Pro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spinn555

Has anyone received any flak during an interview showing up with only a Logbook Pro print-out?

I showed up for an interview with a logbook pro printout in a nice binder at a Part 91 company. I had my green paper logbook in my bag just in case they wanted to see my endorsements. After I got the job, they asked me what program I used.

However, I'm sure someone out there might have a problem with it.

I have gone with logbook Pro and they all liked it.

It doesn't really matter now, but I've seen recruiting ads for Mesa that said electronic logbooks were not acceptable.

I don't know about anyone else, but that didn't turn me off electronic logbooks one bit....I just thought that it was interesting that they, of all employers, were picky about such a thing.

It doesn't really matter now, but I've seen recruiting ads for Mesa that said electronic logbooks were not acceptable.

I don't know about anyone else, but that didn't turn me off electronic logbooks one bit....I just thought that it was interesting that they, of all employers, were picky about such a thing.

Why would they not allow them. The FAR just says "reliable record" not "In a green Jeppeson professional binder in a blue pen written in all caps."

Sec. 61.51 - Pilot logbooks.
(a) Training time and aeronautical experience. Each person must document and record the following time in a manner acceptable to the Administrator:
(1) Training and aeronautical experience used to meet the requirements for a certificate, rating, or flight review of this part.
(2) The aeronautical experience required for meeting the recent flight experience requirements of this part.

I've seen recruiting ads for Mesa that said electronic logbooks were not acceptable.

Whatever. Mesa sucks. How can such a crappy airline have the nerve to say they don't accept electronic logbooks. besides, their applicants don't have many hours to begin with anyway. :rolleyes:

What about Flight Simulator Pro? I am closing in on 200 hours PIC in a 172.

Latest resources

Back