Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview time at CAL once in short stack?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got friends there right now who only had a couple of internal recs on file and they had not updated for over 6 months. I also have a friend who had just one internal rec who did nothing other than the online rec, never talked to a chief or anyone in the training department, and he got a call after he had been at SWA for about 4 months. He also hadn't updated for over 6 months. None of these guys knew anything of a short list and were not expecting calls and they got called. Kind of hard to figure out what they are doing to call people for interviews when some guys have 10 recs and have been on the "short list" for over a year and have not been called. If you don't have any recs, pay Kit a couple hundred bucks and be your own rec. Lots of people have gotten jobs without knowing anyone from AirInc jobfairs. Best of luck.

....pay Kit a couple hundred bucks and be your own rec. Lots of people have gotten jobs without knowing anyone from AirInc jobfairs. Best of luck.

Needed to hear that, thanks for the constructive answer friend.

I am not sure if CAL is attending the Jan Air Inc fair...... the website doesnt say as of yet , anyone know ?

Hey fellas. I have three internal recs right now, but this is how they break down: one direct to CP, but the sponsor is a non-pilot managment guy. The other two are a reserve FO and a FA. Those are online recs. The pilot is waiting on another guy he rec'd to get called - could be a while. My understanding is this may put me in the "recommended but hasn't flown with" pile.

My guess is right now I don't stand very well. What do ya'll think?

Hey fellas. I have three internal recs right now, but this is how they break down: one direct to CP, but the sponsor is a non-pilot managment guy. The other two are a reserve FO and a FA. Those are online recs. The pilot is waiting on another guy he rec'd to get called - could be a while. My understanding is this may put me in the "recommended but hasn't flown with" pile.

My guess is right now I don't stand very well. What do ya'll think?

I've got a management guy also (senior Marketing type) over there that I know thru my brother-in-law at the NJ Nets.. But I am hesitant to go that route as I'm told a management reference at an airline with a union is the "kiss of death" .. Wadaya think? Should I call this dude?

Would that be EVERYTHING you can do to get the job?.....nope.

Get all the recs you can FA FO CAPT MGT.........get em all and update like crazy. Then go to the job fair and wait in line for 2 hours and put your best foot forward.

You are owed NOTHING in this business..........

VT705, we've got 18,000 applications.

????

When I checked on one of my friend's app about a month ago, there were just over 3,500 apps listed with around 180 in the "short stack".

Where did the 15,000 extras come from in a month?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Latest resources

Back