Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview time at CAL once in short stack?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atp160

Just curious what the time frame between hearing you are in the short stack to interview? Has been the normal 60-90 days? Thank you.

Just curious what the time frame between hearing you are in the short stack to interview? Has been the normal 60-90 days? Thank you.

I was in the short stack for just over 10 months - however that was through the middle of the summer time when hiring slowed down. It might be much quicker now.

Flip, CAL tells us they need pilots.

I was told I was in the stack, but how does one learn if they made it to the short stack.

Ask your sponsor to ask the CP.

Is it possible for someone with out a sponsor or an inside reference to get an interview? Also, will they take my call at their HR if I call to ask where I stand?

It took me 9 months. Same scenario as scrapdog. Also, keep updating. My sponsor was told to ensure that I keep it updated.

Is it possible for someone with out a sponsor or an inside reference to get an interview? Also, will they take my call at their HR if I call to ask where I stand?

I honestly don't know, but I haven't heard of anyone without a sponsor yet, but that doesn't mean anything.

I honestly don't know, but I haven't heard of anyone without a sponsor yet, but that doesn't mean anything.

I don't know what's worse.. Affirmative Action, or the Sponsor thing... in the end, I suppose it's a system and we have to work within it!

Thanks

Seven months from sponsor intervention to interview call. 31 days from interview to class.

Keep updating!

VT705, we've got 18,000 applications. The only way you'll end up in the short stack is if you've got somebody pulling for you. Kind of sucks if you don't know anybody, but that's the way their doing it.

Seven months from sponsor intervention to interview call. 31 days from interview to class.

Keep updating!

VT705, we've got 18,000 applications. The only way you'll end up in the short stack is if you've got somebody pulling for you. Kind of sucks if you don't know anybody, but that's the way their doing it.

WOW! 18,000?? That's unheard of..

I suppose I could always win the lottery for a living, that might be more realistic.

Latest resources

Back