Interview ?'s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HomeSTBY

I have an interview coming up soon at a regional. I was curious to hear some opinions on how to answer a couple questions that I have been told to expect:

1. Have you ever broken an FAR?

2. In the cockpit, if your captain does_________(many scenarios could be entered here, anything illegal or against company regs....i.e. goes below minimums IMC, pulls out a flask of whiskey, etc....), how would you handle the situation? And if the situation continues and you feel its unsafe, then what do you do?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

For the first question, be honest. If you've busted a reg, tell them. What they really want to know is whether or not you're honest. They could give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** whether you busted a reg or not. We've all done it at one time or another.
For the second question, just don't say something stupid like, "I try to wrestle the controls away from the captain." Those scenerio type questions are designed to box you into a corner. They want to see how you react under the pressure, and invariably there's no right answer. Just keep your cool and stick to your guns. Which airline are you interviewing with? And good luck!!

Thanks a lot for the reply "inthepool." I'm sure your advice will come in handy.

I'd rather not say the airline interviewing me yet.

Any other thoughts out there?

I heard the best way to answer the latter question is by letting them know that whatever the situation is, you will not break the regs.
ie: If the CA shows up drunk for the flight, you tell him either he can go to the CP alone, or you will gladly on in with him. You will not take off.
ie: If the CA presses below mins, you call out the missed approach.

Some thoughts

Latest resources

Back