Interview Log book print outs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tired_pilot

Whats the latest on logbooks at interviews? Mines all on the computer now. Are airlines still giving you a funny face if you bring in all the pages printed up, vs a actual logbook?
My time goes from trip book to computer. Thanks for the input.

If you hunt around the logbook pro site you can find some very nice leather binders to print and place your times in. I just transfered 6000 hours to computer, printed them out, cut them down, and placed them in the leather binders. It looks very neat and clean. Just like a regular Jep book.

Make sure to keep your training book with all original signatures in it. If you can't produce a needed signature, it will get you bounced from the interview.

I used Logbook Pro at mine and it was a big hit. I think the secret to logbooks at interviews is they should LOOK like logbooks. If you print out your stuff on 8 by 11 pieces of paper it won't look like a logbook, if you use a program to print a Jepps style logbook it will be very professional, and Logbook Pro is capable of that.

I too have used the logbook pro at interviews reciently. Didn't have a complaint from anyone. Actually I believe that they like to see that because it makes it easier to find and more importantly read logbook entries. The leather binders that you find on the website are too small to be of any value if you are around 5000+ hours or so. They are nice and the paper is very nice but very expensive. But once you get to a certain point, it is difficult to get more paper into the binder. The company (logbook pro) is saying that a larger binder will become available soon. There are other solutions to printing the logbooks though. Some have printed on different size paper and used photo or scrapbook binders as their logbooks. After spending the money on the leather binder myself, I would probably do the scrapbook thing next time as it is cheaper and easier to add pages over time.

J32driver said:
If you hunt around the logbook pro site you can find some very nice leather binders to print and place your times in. I just transfered 6000 hours to computer, printed them out, cut them down, and placed them in the leather binders. It looks very neat and clean. Just like a regular Jep book.

Make sure to keep your training book with all original signatures in it. If you can't produce a needed signature, it will get you bounced from the interview.

???? Care to elaborate? I've never heard anyone not getting a job because their logbook didn't have endorsements in it. I went to FSDO many years ago to get my CFI. My instructor had a computer print out of the endorsements to give the inspector. So as you can imagine my logbook doesn't have them. I was fine.

Do you know from first hand experience and what airline?

mrtoy2 said:
I too have used the logbook pro at interviews reciently. Didn't have a complaint from anyone. Actually I believe that they like to see that because it makes it easier to find and more importantly read logbook entries. The leather binders that you find on the website are too small to be of any value if you are around 5000+ hours or so. They are nice and the paper is very nice but very expensive. But once you get to a certain point, it is difficult to get more paper into the binder. The company (logbook pro) is saying that a larger binder will become available soon. There are other solutions to printing the logbooks though. Some have printed on different size paper and used photo or scrapbook binders as their logbooks. After spending the money on the leather binder myself, I would probably do the scrapbook thing next time as it is cheaper and easier to add pages over time.

now that *knock on wood* i am at the major i intend to retire from i likely will switch to a photo/scrapbook type binder from here on out for size and money reasons... but for the actual interview i was glad to have printed out my logbook in a Jepp size/format that was familar to the interviewers despite the considerable cost.

Also work for a major airline that I wish to retire from. Went to my interview with my logbook printed on 8 1/2x11 good quality paper, ended up getting hired...

Captain Overs said:
???? Care to elaborate? I've never heard anyone not getting a job because their logbook didn't have endorsements in it. I went to FSDO many years ago to get my CFI. My instructor had a computer print out of the endorsements to give the inspector. So as you can imagine my logbook doesn't have them. I was fine.

Do you know from first hand experience and what airline?

I have no 1st hand experience myself. I've heard that some people have gone into an interview with nothing but computer printouts and no endorsements. The interviewee couldn't produce a single signature that is required when logging instruction recieved and couldn't produce an endorsement for ratings for anything he'd done. It got him bounced from the interview.

I've solved this problem by keeping my training logobook for presentation of required endorsements and signatures. The times are duplicated in the computer printout, but if they want to see original signatures, I can produce them.

How many people actually sign their logbooks on every page? I have had at least a couple of Feds and several interviewers look at my logbooks and I have never been asked why I DON'T sign my book.

Latest resources

Back