• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview gouge for American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The sim training is very stupid, you get into a briefing room and an old guy litteraly explains to you how to turn an airplane! Apparently to bank an airplane you move the steering wheel to the left or right. To make it go up or down you move the steering will down or up.

You wait some more.
Yes. And do you know why that is? The guy is "Old" because Eagle has some of the MOST senior pilots at a regional. MOST of them have easily over 10,000 hrs. Which is a lot more than all other regionals. And he is teaching a NFG to fly, because Eagle got PLENTY of guys through the door with 250 hrs - 500 hrs who couldn't fly worth sh*t. So did you ever consider that this instructor said and taught what he did because of the experience level he saw coming through the doors? Respect the senior Eagle Capn's that are trying to teach you. You will learn from them, and they want you to pass. Lay off on the 'old' jokes.

They ask you if your into sodomy. You respond with a quizical look on your face before sudennly realizing, your the topic of discussion, and some of those guys at the school house have been sizing you up from the moment you walked in to the interview. (think shawshank redemption).

Yes. And do you know why that is? The guy is "Old" because Eagle has some of the MOST senior pilots at a regional. MOST of them have easily over 10,000 hrs. Which is a lot more than all other regionals. And he is teaching a NFG to fly, because Eagle got PLENTY of guys through the door with 250 hrs - 500 hrs who couldn't fly worth sh*t. So did you ever consider that this instructor said and taught what he did because of the experience level he saw coming through the doors? Respect the senior Eagle Capn's that are trying to teach you. You will learn from them, and they want you to pass. Lay off on the 'old' jokes.

Interesting. I didn't know you were a proctologist.

They ask if you like to fly with guys names likes Hounddog and Tiny. Hounddog's killed a person and Tiny has maimed plenty with his farts in the cockpit.

www.aviationinterviews.com has gouges that are accurate (at least based on the last round) My interview was early 2007, but this is how the process went.

The HR interview is straight forward. You're basically trying to show that you can a) be enjoyable on a 4 day trip, b) be responsible for a pretty expensive airplane and c) that you wont be a complete embarrassment in front of pax. I always think non-canned answers work the best. Having said that, they will probably ask you to give them two positive qualities about yourself and a couple of negative qualities. You may want to think of some beforehand. As far as the negative qualities, I wouldnt go with the fact that your gf/bf has a restraining order out on you. I cant remember what I said, but it was probably something like "Sometimes I like to talk a lot. I personally dont think this is something negative necessarily, but someone may disagree" Keep it neutral and away from something that might cause them to question if you should be flying an airplane.

The tech is pretty straight forward. Know jepps cold. They pulled out an enroute chart and covered nearly every symbol. Also be able to talk about MEA,MOCA,MRA,MCA etc. Then you brief an approach plate. If you havent been in the 121 world and have a buddy or someone who is, get them to show you how they brief an approach. They want to hear you do it a certain way. Also know weather, you may get some questions on mach tuck etc., and know some of the basic 121 FARs with regards to flight time/duty time and things like alternates. I didnt get any questions on this, but be familiar with your last flown aircraft. I know it comes up at some carriers.

Sim is even more straight forward. I did my eval in a saab sim at the training center. I heard the last round of guys used some table top or something. Obviously they dont expect to you to be able to fly a saab or a fokker or whatever they are using. They want to see if a) you possess airman skills appropriate for this level of flying and b)that you are teachable. If i remember correctly the sim involved a departure, flying to a VOR and holding. If you brief the hold correctly, you skip it. Then we did a raw data ILS to a landing.

Finally the medical, which is a standard medical. Not much to say on it.

Your interview will probably be split into two days, and there isnt a specific order on what you do on a given day. Overall I felt it was my interview to lose. Everyone was very nice and I felt at ease the whole time.

Ok I feel bad for my prevoius post so here is the actual interview:

HR InteRVIEW: What is your favorite color. How do you feel like to day. What word describes you. Do you like to fly?

HR Tech: What is this blue border on this low alttitude chart that you will never use again?

Sim: To bank a saab you move the steering wheel side to side. To make it go up or down you move it up or down. Follow the glide slope and put the gear down before you land.

Latest resources

Back