Interview fees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blackbox

A friend called to tell me he has an interview with Pinnacle and he has to pay a $50 interview. He said he had to pay at Mesa's interview as well. Is this a joke? I have a heard of application fees, but paying for your interview is ridiculous. Not to mention tacky. So all the interviewees are sitting in a room in their suits, with resume in one hand and a check book in the other.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? and is it true?

guys at 9E today not only didn't pay anything but had lunch delivered. Check your source. The MESA interview fee is on their website.

blackbox said:
A friend called to tell me he has an interview with Pinnacle and he has to pay a $50 interview. He said he had to pay at Mesa's interview as well. Is this a joke? I have a heard of application fees, but paying for your interview is ridiculous. Not to mention tacky. So all the interviewees are sitting in a room in their suits, with resume in one hand and a check book in the other.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? and is it true?

Here's the actual email you will get if you are offered a Mesa interview. It is true.
(Pertinent part in blue.)

The details are as follows:

Date: Time: 8:30 A.M.

Place:
CrownePlaza, PhoenixAirport
4300 E. Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ85034
602-273-7778 / 800-465-3131

Please send (mail or fax number 602-225-1466) a copy of the following items before the interview:
Mesa Air Group Application, can be printed from https://www.mesa-air.com/mesa_jobs.asp

Current Resume
Driver's License
Pilot License
First Class Medical Certificate
Driving Records from the states in which you've lived, or been licensed, for the last five years.
Current Passport
FCC License
Permanent Resident Alien Registration Card

Please bring with you to the interview
Driver’s License
Pilot License
Passport
FCC License
First Class Medical Certificate
Log Books
$50 Pilot Application Fee (Cash or Check Only)

Please bring all original log books with any endorsements with you to the interview. Please flag all checkrides (i.e. private, instrument, commercial, etc.), all failed checkrides and all type ratings.

Please be advised that you will be given a 50 question ATP written test, which must be successfully passed with a 80% or greater score. If you do not meet the passing score you will not be allowed to continue with the interview process. You will be able to reapply 6 months after the interview date.

Please meet at the above time and place and you will be informed after the orientation as to the time of your interview. Interviews are scheduled throughout the course of the afternoon, so please be prepared to spend the day with us. Please be advised that failure to bring all requested materials could result in denial of interview.
It is the applicant's responsibility to make personal travel arrangements and hotel lodging. However, as a courtesy to our pilot candidates, non-revenue space available travel passes are issued for your convenience. Please let me know by if you need space available travel. If you’ve already requested travel your listing will follow in another e-mail. Business attire is required when traveling non-revenue. You are required to check-in at the ticket counter 60 minutes before departure and present valid identification, such as a driver's license, and your space available pass. It is recommended that you check-in 90-minutes prior to departure.

Lodging alternatives:
CrownePlaza- See above for address- the current rate is $49.00
**You must ask for in-house reservations when calling, and advise that you are coming for a
Mesa interview.**
There are a limited number of rooms available at this price - please make your reservations as early as possible.

The Days Inn-Airport-
3333 Van Buren St., 602-244-8244 (van service can be utilized);
RedRoofInn-2135 W. 15th St., Tempe, 480-449-3205 (van service can be utilized);
RodewayInn-1550 S. 52nd St., Tempe, 480-967-3000 (van service can be utilized).

We look forward to meeting you!

All the best to you,

Pilot Recruiter

&&&@mesa-air.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Pinnacle interview fee used to cost 30 grand, 50 bucks is certainly a step down.

I interviewed with Mesa a few years back, when I thought our company was about to tank. I "forgot" the $50 application fee. I was offered the job anyway. So there you go... :D

Cost for getting nearly a thousand hours and some multi: $Buckoo bucks
Cost for a worthless college degree: $Mucho bucks
Interviewing fee: $50 bucks
Price for applying to MESA and 9E (Idiot Fee): Your self-respect - Priceless

application fee's are nothing new.. do a search you'll find many threads and learn that many regional, LLCs, cargo and yes even major airlines have the standard $50 application fee nothing new and awe inspiring about it.

Paying Mesa 50 Bucks for the interview is just the start. Youll be paying them the whole time you are there. Get used to it. Why pay to interview for a dump like that. Air Wisky is hiring, and there is no fee to pay for the interviewers time. The company takes care of that. Mesa just wants to see who the suckers are...Bring that fifty and your all theirs.....

TCBKING said:
Paying Mesa 50 Bucks for the interview is just the start. Youll be paying them the whole time you are there. Get used to it. Why pay to interview for a dump like that. Air Wisky is hiring, and there is no fee to pay for the interviewers time. The company takes care of that. Mesa just wants to see who the suckers are...Bring that fifty and your all theirs.....

Unfortunately they have enough idiots that pay the money and keep filling classes.

RP170 said:
Unfortunately they have enough idiots that pay the money and keep filling classes.

I agree - you continue to work at the Home Depot, make your "stance" and don't get hired anywhere that charges an application fee. Then, don't fly on any airline that actually charges for normal food - that's just not right. Then, if you cancel your ticket and they try to charge you again, dig your heels in and sue their pants off. No more free booze as a passenger so the airline can recover some of its costs with RASM being at an all-time low? Well, simply don't fly on them either.

Training notes as a new-hire? Naw - you're too good for that. Just walk right out of ground school if they try to make you sign - hey, what if another company calls when you're in ground school and you wanna leave? Legalities are such a pesky thing, and you can avoid all that by just not signing the note in the first place.

Making you pay for your uniforms that the company requires you to wear? Absolutely not. Don't bother working for one of those outfits either. Company won't pay for your hotel for the interview OR ground school? Nope - better pass on them too.

Good fricking luck. Get over yourselves.

Latest resources

Back