• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview Call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATA has certainly been fun for me. For those on the L1011 or 757 doing the military charters, the flying can be fun, exciting, exhausting, different, and sometimes just plain wierd. I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything.

However, ATA isn't in the best of financial health right now, so be aware of what you are getting into. Of course unless you're getting interviewed by SWA, I guess you have to be suspect of any airline's financial state.

Anyway, best of luck on the interview. PM if you have any questions. I'll do my best to answer them in a week when I get back from another European "vacation."

ciao!

Tristar,

Just how badly do you think ATA is doing? It seems they may be poised to do well in the near future with their low cost structure and new equipment. What areas are they losing money in? I'm just starting to get the picture and have not been following very long.

Thanks

Just finished listening to the conference call about the fourth quarter on the internet. They only lost about 57mil in the 4th and about 160mil for the year. Stated their business travel is up. They are going to get 4 airplanes this year 2 757 (1 May, 1 June) 2 737(1 May, 1 Nov)Their Salary exp is down abou 5.2 % Capital expenditures for the year '03 project to be about 43mil. They finished the year with about 200 Million in cash. All that is not bad considering US Airways lost about 796 milion in the 4th quarter even though they are on a bigger revenue scale. They will start DOT reporting in a few months for on time, baggage handling, etc. They say they expect to be cash positive in 2003.

I have a light brown ATA application dated #F10125 (Rev. 1/01). Is this the most current at ATA? I just moved and while unpacking found a grey ATA app. with no date. Things have been so hectic around here I don't remember which app. I received first (One by mail, the other at a job fair). Thanks in advance...
CJ-

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back