• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Internet Explorer: HELP!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just downloaded Mozilla, only to find that it is basically exactly the same as Netscape (?!!) which I already had on my computer.

dmspilot00 said:
I just downloaded Mozilla, only to find that it is basically exactly the same as Netscape (?!!) which I already had on my computer.

Sorry about that..... shoulda mentioned that fact.

It is true that it looks like netscape, its built on the same platform; however, because due to the fact that it is open source software (anyone can tweak/improve upon the code), there are a number of improvements and features that are (IMHO) better and more secure than netscape.

Once again, sorry for not mentioning this earlier.

Alternative browsers

Try Firefox, fka Mozilla Firebird. I run it on my Mac and have tried it on Windows 98 PCs. Not only is it faster than Internet Explorer, you can block popups and other garbage with it.

I've gotten rid of a lot of annoying stuff on my computer that ad aware wouldn't. Just run a search on your comp using find files. Look for the offending word; maybe in your case, a search for cool.* or something similar. They usually are buried deeply in the registry. Just make sure you don't delete something you shouldn't.

Hey,

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is going into your control panel, select "add/remove software" and look for anything that resembles the offending software. I've gotten rid of several nuisance programs that way.

You might also find a bunch of old stuff in there that you forgot about and need to get rid of too!

Good Luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back