• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

International Travel days on Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is just Delta's way of reminding us where we are on the pecking order, and how much disdain they have for us in general. From a practical standpoint, I don't understand why they would give a retiree or DL rampers daughter and her 5 friends going to disneyland for the day priority over someone trying to get to work and providing service for their customers... who knows.

For international, I always take United and they treat me better than the company I fly under.. pretty sad.

Is there a way to find out on Deltanet how many days have been used?

3 travel days is a Europe R/T with a connection. it is easier to go on someone else. There is alsousually more seats. Biggest travel benefit is jumpseating on another carrier. SAD!

If you go though the allotment, I beleive it is a 150 dollar per day penalty. If you want to actual breakdown, get on travelnet and look at the travel policies. It is all right there.

This is the problem i have with the system. An american pilot can jump seat unlimited and never have a problem with just paying the taxes. I however,since I have a PPR number, must BUY a ZED fare at a much higher price after my 6th day. To me that is BS and I don't think that was ever intended....

This is the problem i have with the system. An american pilot can jump seat unlimited and never have a problem with just paying the taxes. I however,since I have a PPR number, must BUY a ZED fare at a much higher price after my 6th day. To me that is BS and I don't think that was ever intended....

Here's something that will piss you off too. If you use up your 6 travel days and those under your travel prividges don't, you have to buy an ID90 and you go only as an S4 while your spouse, domestic partner or travel companion goes as S3. That is total BS.

This problem happened to me as well. I jumpseated back from Asis to USA on Delta. I payed the taxes and had a jumpseat request card. The Travelnet automatically takes you from Jumpseat to S3C (Flowback) when you have a Delta PPR number. I submitted a request to have one Transoceanic allotment reinstated for my Jumpseat flight to Delta via our Travel bureau. Delta said they would not give me my allotment back. So when i went to Europe in early 2010, I had to pay for a buddy pass to get back from europe. This cost me over $200.

Now if I was a AirTran/American/United etc pilot I could jumpseat as many times as I want to europe and only have to pay the taxes. Nice to know that pilots flying Delta passengers around all day, don't have the seem jumpseating priviledges as the competition to Delta.

As a Captain I have never refused to take a Jumpseater unless we were weight restricted.

Latest resources

Back