International Jumpseating on United?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jtf

Does anyone know if United Express pilots who can be in the actual United mainline jumpseat for sure on domestic flights be in the actual jumpseat on international flights? I've heard different reports on this one. I've heard yes on the way out, but not on the way back into the US and I don't know if that is true or not. What I am most interested in is if an express pilot can be in the jumpseat in and out of Narita and Hong Kong on the flights that United connects to other Asian airports from those airports- not as hard to get to Narita or HK as the places that connect from those (one flight a day on those connections versus multiple flights to and from NRT and HK from the US).

i dont know the answer to that but i would think it'd be ok. take some id-90/zeds with you for the other carriers and do some homework on the loads before you go. you shouldnt have a problem then.

have fun in bangkok...

The answer is.......no you may not ride in the cockpit jumpseat in or out of the United States. Even though your employment is electronically verified, TSA has pt additional requirements on airlines for international cockpit access. Since you cannot list for the jumpseat on mainline UAL [not to be confused with "listing" on the 800 number], and UAL does not have your passport number on file at their corporate hdq's, you may only occupy a seat in the cabin. Even CASS [Cockpit Access Security System] will only apply to demestic travel. Also, make sure you are at the airport PLENTY early on your return since ANY airline must send a list of passengers to TSA approximately 90 minutes prior to departure. Good Luck

By the way it USED to be restricted only INBOUND to the United States. That is probably where you are getting conflicting information.

Just Jumpsat to FRA about 3 months ago...

Actually got a look at the capt's United GOM and we figured it out.. I would tell you that the answer is yes.... and.... no....

there are conflicing provisions in there that can pretty much be interpreted any way the capt want's to.....

If you call crew desk and get put on the release you should be Good to Go but as always it is capt's discretion.. I belive as long as you have been listed (on manifest) 24 hrs prior the TSA is all warm and fuzzy...

good luck

Latest resources

Back