Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kmox29

I'm open! I'm open!
Does USAir, American, or Delta offer international jumpseats? We're CASS, although I'm sure I can't sit up front. Thinking of going to Europe.

kmox29 said:
Does USAir, American, or Delta offer international jumpseats? We're CASS, although I'm sure I can't sit up front. Thinking of going to Europe.

CASS doesn't matter for Int'l JS. Can't sit in front anyway on international flights. DAL and USAir will take anybody on their JS list.

American has a domestic JS list and an int'l JS list. If your airline is not on their int'l JS list, they won't take you. If you work for a "regional", chances are your company is not on the int'l list. Continental is the same.

The two times I went on DAL to Europe, I had to go to the int'l ticket counter atleast 90 minutes prior to departure time to get passport listed. After that, it was just like a regular JS. If your not passport listed, they wont let you on.

Coming back, I'd suggest showing up at the ticket counter 2 hours prior. Make sure you know exactly how your company is listed on DAL's JS list. If they can't find you, they wont give you the pass. Toss in a language barrier, it can get ugly. Also, you may have to pay departure taxes and walk all the way across the terminal to pay it. So make sure you give yourself ample time to do this.

Polar Air Cargo will take you to Amsterdam or Prestwick. Go on their website and check out the schedule, then fill out their request (under the "contact us" tab). I take them to Brazil frequently, and have never been dissapointed.

Atlas will also take you, but since they're ACMI, they don't have a posted schedule. Same form to fill out as on Polar, though. Also a nice group to jumpseat with.

Kalitta Air takes international jumpseaters, although many airlines don't have the appropriate procedures in place to verify credentials. Schedule at www.kalittaair.com

General routes:
EWR-LGG-BAH-LGG/AMS-EWR
JFK-BRU-BAH-DXB-BRU-JFK
BAH-HKG-ANC-ORD/LCK-JFK
ICN-ANC-LAX-SFO-ANC-ICN
LAX-HNL-LAX (daily)
LAX-HNL-PPG-HKG
JFK-EMA-AMS-KWI-BAH-DXB

It's a nice ride on the upper deck of the B747 - good food, first class seats and bunks.

Ask your jumpseat coordinator if your airlines has the procedures in place to jumpseat on Kalitta Air.

Latest resources

Back