International Flight Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NYRANGERS

Does anyone have advice on the best place to look for procedures for international flying? Things such as documentation required, customs procedures (how to contact them, etc). I am not used to doing this type of flying outside of the airline world. The expertise from the corporate world would be greatly appreciated.

Specifics, flight to TNCM, ST. Maarten.

Thank you,

NYR

Last edited:
The carribean Jepps have a section that lists entry req., ATC Procedures, Customs info, ect...

Or use a handler the first trip to a new destination to learn the system.

Thanks guys! I'll check out my options. Looks like the back of the Jepps is the way to go. I just need some sort of checklist to make sure everything is covered.

Thanks again,

NYR

If you've never done this type of trip before, I highly recommend using a handler such as Jepp, Univeral, Air Routing. Once you've done it a few times and learn the ropes you can start doing the handling yourself. I don't advise taking on an international trip green. It's just too easy to slip up or miss a minute detail that will get you in a ringer in a hurry. Some countries go as far as civil prosecution for violations.

I'm sure you've done it but for those who haven't I also highly recommed a good international procedures course.

Regards,

2000Flyer

The NBAA website has a good deal of info also.

Strongly suggest you attend the NBAA International Operators Conference in Anaheim next month. Perfect advice and networking opportunity for a "newbie" to international flying.

There is also a new handler in St Maarten, called TLC. Let me know if you need contact info, and I'll pass it on. They are terrific, and actually care, not like Arindell, who don't give a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!

Good luck.

Dry Reading but.................

The International Flight Information Manual (IFIM) is a great source of information. Heed the warnings of previous posters, there are many possible ways to slip up when flying internationally. Someone I know, who's very experienced, recently allowed a foriegn national to board without a visa, on a trip to the US. Pax stated that he's done this before, but what he omitted was that it was on a commercial (121) flight. Long story short, is that some heavy duty scrambling was done by the crew and the handling service to asuage (sp) the customs folks and avoid what could've been a HUGE hassle and hefty fine.

Thanks for the excellent and useful advice all,

I have only done 121 international flying. Part 91 and 135 is very new to me (I have only done Canada, a long time ago). I thank you all for the help and advice. I'll let you all know what I go with, and my experience.

Thanks guys,

NYR

This months BCA, Business and Commercial Aviation has an article in it called, "Your First Crossing". It the issue with the Global Express on the cover.

Latest resources

Back