International Calling Cards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I am going on a vacation tomorrow to the Carribean and need to make a phone call back to the states while I'm there. Is there such a thing as an "international calling card"? Can someone suggest a good card to buy and where to buy from? I've never done this before, so please pardon my being naive.

Get the card in country.
We went to the bahamas, and you could buy a calling card there that was good on their local pay phones.
Unless you get a sat phone, it's the only practical way to do it.

Most 800 numbers don't work in the carib either

try looking for a web site called bigzoo or mybigzoo.com

I can't remember the exact name of it..it is one of those, I am just to lazy to go look myself....LOL. Somehow it took more energy to go do that then just tell you!

They have good rates. An old Capt of mine buys thier cards and he and his brother (who lives in spain) use them to keep in touch.

Best of Luck.....

one last question.....if you are going to the Carib??????? WTF would you want to talk to anyone!?!?!? Maybe its just me but I DO NOT want to be anywhere near a phone when I am on vacation.

you can get ATT,MCI,Sprint 800# access in the bahamas no problem....

its about .40/min I believe. Plus the $1 charge your hotel will charge to get out.

This is aaplicable to Nassau and Freeport. I never had any prblems in the carribean with getting an 800 access #....

TMOBILE cellular works in many of the islands now too....but at $1/min.

Thanks for the info. I have T-mobile, but I'm not sure if it will work in St. Lucia. I got an AT&T Calling Card, it has a 1-800 number to get into the network from the island. I have a VERY important phone call to make, otherwise I would not even look at the phone.

yes t-mobile works in st lucia..

as long as you have the Intl calling set up.

ENJOY!

In St. Maarten my ATT calling card wouldn't work. It didn't work in Mexico either but it did work in Scotland...anyone have any ideas why? Any suggestions on what to do about it?

Latest resources

Back