Internal FAA pilot file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dornier 335

Not too long ago, I heard from a check airman that the nice and kind FAA inspector who occupies your jumpseat on official business also writes a report about the pilots he rode with. I wasn't really able to find out more about it, that's why I am posting this. Questions are: Can you access your internal FAA file? Would it be possible to get it through the FOIA? What exactly happens with your file when you quit/change companies etc.? Does it get forwarded to another PIO? Does your company get to see this file? How long is a specific ramp check/ observation ride being stored?

Anybody?

I have made a copy of your post and forwarded it to the Freemasons and the Trilateral Commission.

Watch your back buddy, or you may "disappear" in a black helicopter.

Frank
"one of them"

wow - a post that starts with hearing it from (all 3 classics):

1. a check airmen
2. FAA
3. jumpseat

yeah, should be real accurate

your just missing the ever popular "guy in the know" or "upper level management type"

When I applied for a job recently, I went through two different channels (two different pages on the web) to get my pilot records. I was just looking for the usual "Yes he's got types X, Y, & Z, and certs A, B, & C."

I got the forms I was looking for, but on the other FOIA channel, I got a call from someone assigned to my case, yada yada yada. Definitely more formal, and would probably get more than just the form from above.

Good luck with the man.

wow - a post that starts with hearing it from (all 3 classics):

1. a check airmen
2. FAA
3. jumpseat

yeah, should be real accurate

your just missing the ever popular "guy in the know" or "upper level management type"

I never wrote I heard it from the Feds. If they (FAA) gotta b!tch about something fine, not just behind my back. Don't like cowards.

Latest resources

Back