• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Internal FAA pilot file

Dornier 335

Total Time
Not too long ago, I heard from a check airman that the nice and kind FAA inspector who occupies your jumpseat on official business also writes a report about the pilots he rode with. I wasn't really able to find out more about it, that's why I am posting this. Questions are: Can you access your internal FAA file? Would it be possible to get it through the FOIA? What exactly happens with your file when you quit/change companies etc.? Does it get forwarded to another PIO? Does your company get to see this file? How long is a specific ramp check/ observation ride being stored?

Anybody?

Frank Lorenzo

I have made a copy of your post and forwarded it to the Freemasons and the Trilateral Commission.

Watch your back buddy, or you may "disappear" in a black helicopter.

Frank
"one of them"

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
wow - a post that starts with hearing it from (all 3 classics):

1. a check airmen
2. FAA
3. jumpseat

yeah, should be real accurate

your just missing the ever popular "guy in the know" or "upper level management type"

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
When I applied for a job recently, I went through two different channels (two different pages on the web) to get my pilot records. I was just looking for the usual "Yes he's got types X, Y, & Z, and certs A, B, & C."

I got the forms I was looking for, but on the other FOIA channel, I got a call from someone assigned to my case, yada yada yada. Definitely more formal, and would probably get more than just the form from above.

Good luck with the man.

Dornier 335

Total Time
wow - a post that starts with hearing it from (all 3 classics):

1. a check airmen
2. FAA
3. jumpseat

yeah, should be real accurate

your just missing the ever popular "guy in the know" or "upper level management type"

I never wrote I heard it from the Feds. If they (FAA) gotta b!tch about something fine, not just behind my back. Don't like cowards.