Interesting.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tony-

Your posts are quite interesting, but that pic of Angry Fred is starting to freak me out. (I guess you guys have an angry management also). Don't change it though.....

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
Your posts are quite interesting, but that pic of Angry Fred is starting to freak me out.
Angry? Do you think he looks angry? Hmmmm....

That's strange. The picture was taken while he was in Toulouse at the unveiling, err, I mean "reveal" of the A-380. From all I could see, it was a festive occassion. Why do you suppose he would have been angry?

:)

;)

I wasn't trying to be original. Just stating a common feeling within the ranks of ALPA these days... It isn't meant to be funny.

mrtoy2 said:
I wasn't trying to be original. Just stating a common feeling within the ranks of ALPA these days... It isn't meant to be funny.
Well, OK, that's fair. It's also fair to remind you that ALPA is a democratic organization, and any member has the opportunity to run for the office. It looks to me like the "common" feeling is the "minority" opinion.

Who else have you seen testify before Congress on your behalf lately?

capt. megadeth said:
Does anyone else find it interesting that Duane Worthless is a NWA pilot but yet ALPA is not supporting the mechanic's strike?

Things that make ya go hmmm........
More Hmmm,
Lessee, If Mr. Worthless, ALPA president looses his JOB when/if NW goes chap 7, will he still be the head of ALPA? Sounds like an interesting question, self preservation is a strong instinct, 400k a year is pretty powerful too!
Strongly repulsed, watching with rapt attention
PBR

PBRstreetgang said:
More Hmmm,
Lessee, If Mr. Worthless, ALPA president looses his JOB when/if NW goes chap 7, will he still be the head of ALPA? Sounds like an interesting question, ...
That, indeed, is an interesting question.

You're not under the mistaken assumption that Captain Woerth made the decision, are you? He is NOT a member of the NWA ALPA MEC that DID make that decision. Do you think they were thinking about their jobs when they made the decision? Absolutely, they were, and the jobs of all the pilots they represent, too. It's their JOB to preserve the jobs, silly.

COpilot said:
NEVER EVER ANYONE, Say one thing about a CO pilot or a EAL pilot again.

Because every pilot that was on property before those strikes and then crossed used the same logic in their hearts and heads that you NWA pilots are using at this very minute.

Those men and women, thought and said to ALPA, "We can not win this, we will only be burning down our company, at the loss of future lives, and careers." Yet to this day, other high and mighty airman, slander, backstab, and curse the other proffesionals for standing by their company at those times.

Funny that here in 2005 a NWA pilot is a hero for doing the same thing that 15 years ago he chided.

CoRect me if I'm wrong.....but wasn't the Continental strike an ALPA picket line that the CAL SCABS crossed?

PBRstreetgang said:
More Hmmm,
Lessee, If Mr. Worthless, ALPA president looses his JOB when/if NW goes chap 7, will he still be the head of ALPA? Sounds like an interesting question, self preservation is a strong instinct, 400k a year is pretty powerful too!
Strongly repulsed, watching with rapt attention
PBR

Sorry, but your theory doesn't hold water. The President of the Association is not even required to be a pilot. If NWA goes under, Captain Woerth keeps his job as ALPA President. Self-preservation is not an issue at all in this case. Besides, the Association President didn't make this decision. The NWA MEC did. And a very wise decision it was.

PCL_128 said:
Sorry, but your theory doesn't hold water. The President of the Association is not even required to be a pilot. If NWA goes under, Captain Woerth keeps his job as ALPA President. Self-preservation is not an issue at all in this case. Besides, the Association President didn't make this decision. The NWA MEC did. And a very wise decision it was.

This brings up yet another example of ALPA's hypocritical actions. Several years ago, one of ALPA's EVPs, JM, turned 60. JM was a United pilot and at the time, United had pilots over 60 in the FE seat. Therefor, JM was allowed to keep his position. Shortly after 911, United retired it's 727s abruptly and there were no longer any over 60 pilots at United. The ALPA executive board passed a special resolution to allow JM to stay on past 60 while at the same time it openly advocated for every other ALPA pilot to leave at 60. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Joe

NWA MGT is brilliant!!

No more union mechanics. Next will be the gate agents and ground handlers. After that, the F/A's will be toast. Then the pilots will agree to what they are already resigned to, a 35% pay cut.

NWA will then declare bankruptcy and commence to rape and pillage all employees and stockholders. Duane is no dummy, his salary and pension will come from ALPA.

See you in the stockroom at WAL-MART.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back