Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
Does anyone else find it interesting that Duane Worthless is a NWA pilot but yet ALPA is not supporting the mechanic's strike?

Things that make ya go hmmm........

Yes, Duane is pretty much worthless but NWA pilots have apparently read the history of their industry. The last time ALPA honored the picket line of a mechanic's union, the airline LIQUIDATED.

AMFA is clearly willing to sacrifice the entire airline rather than give in to management. NWA ALPA is not. I am with NWA ALPA on this one.

How many strikes has ALPA actualy supported that werent there own? Not many if my memory serves me correctly.

"How many strikes has ALPA actualy supported that werent there own? Not many if my memory serves me correctly."

There is a reason for that. If other unions could always count on ALPA's support they would be using our leverage for their gain. We have a hard enough time getting our own contracts. Shutting the airline down anytime some unionized group at the airline goes on strike would not be in our best interest.

With all that being said, I believe this time it is different. Management is trying to replace the only other skilled positions at the airline with SCABS. Alpa should refuse to fly airlplanes worked on by SCABS.

capt. megadeth said:
Does anyone else find it interesting that Duane Worthless is a NWA pilot but yet ALPA is not supporting the mechanic's strike?

This was a vote taken by the entire pilot union at NWA. I think it is inappropriate to blame Duane Worth...he cannot simply dictate how each individual union member will vote.

Just one question...

Did the mechanics support NWALPA's last strike.

Just one answer...

NO.
now get over it.

I will give you guys this...
Dave Mustaine rawks!!:) Holy Wars, Wake up Dead, Peace Sells are some of my favorite 80's real metal tunes.

Last edited:
NEVER EVER ANYONE, Say one thing about a CO pilot or a EAL pilot again.

Because every pilot that was on property before those strikes and then crossed used the same logic in their hearts and heads that you NWA pilots are using at this very minute.

Those men and women, thought and said to ALPA, "We can not win this, we will only be burning down our company, at the loss of future lives, and careers." Yet to this day, other high and mighty airman, slander, backstab, and curse the other proffesionals for standing by their company at those times.

Funny that here in 2005 a NWA pilot is a hero for doing the same thing that 15 years ago he chided.

Divide and conquer. The more we bicker about who did what and when, the louder will be management's laugh.

Why do we blame others ? Isn't it time to show solidarity and understanding instead of blaming someone or a group ?

capt. megadeth said:

Things that make ya go hmmm........

Captain M-

I understand your point, however National ALPA is independent of specific NWA / DAL / UAL etc... ALPA. The actions taken at the airline level are decided at the airline level. Just because DW s a NW pilot, doesn't mean he can dictate policy from the National level.

Years ago, the ALPA Chairman was Randy Babbit, an EAL pilot. Trouble was, he was the Chairman, without an airline......EAL was defunct. The point is, the individual airlines pretty much control their own actions.

Also, no other union on the property supported AMFA by withholding their services. I'm not saying it's wrong or right, just stating facts.

320AV8R

COpilot said:
NEVER EVER ANYONE, Say one thing about a CO pilot or a EAL pilot again.

Because every pilot that was on property before those strikes and then crossed used the same logic in their hearts and heads that you NWA pilots are using at this very minute.

Funny that here in 2005 a NWA pilot is a hero for doing the same thing that 15 years ago he chided.

Co,

Who said any NWA pilot was a hero? This is a black day for our company.

Our Mec decided that it was in NWA Alpa's interest not to have a sympathy strike, so what do you expect. That is a different situation than if Nwa Alpa called a sympathy strike and then people crossed. Then Alpa would be on strike and those who crossed would be SCABS.

We had a pilot strike remember?
How many pilots crossed our picket line? Zero.

Big difference from the Eastern and Continental SCABS.

Dave B

Latest resources

Back